Ford Raptor Radius light - Wind noise?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HamzaZaid

Reaction score
Hello guys,

So I was really interested in buying the 54" radius bar, but a lot of people have been telling me you will regret it because of the "Horrible" wind noise that it makes.

Does anyone have one of them? Or can anyone tell me if it's really bad? Or if there's a solution.

Thanks!

SVT_Mayo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anything you put on the roof that diverts air flow will result in wind noise no matter what. Only solution is don't put things on the roof.

Lonzo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine howls like crazy. but when it's time to use it out in the dezert, I'm glad I got it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 12951

I have a light bar that attaches to the bed rails and has the lights above the cab. I do not hear it at all but I do have it on an actuator.

CrownOffroad

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello guys,

So I was really interested in buying the 54" radius bar, but a lot of people have been telling me you will regret it because of the "Horrible" wind noise that it makes.

Does anyone have one of them? Or can anyone tell me if it's really bad? Or if there's a solution.

Thanks!

Rigid makes these wind/noise dampners. While I do not believe they are for sale individually, you should be able to email them and find out how to obtain a set. They come in a three pack and take away almost all of the noise.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 76

AlternativeOffroad

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
We have a 54" RDS on ours, those rubber isolators do wonders. Seriously. Went from ear piercing noise to almost nothing at all. Only time you really can hear it is when youre going 80+... but it's not bad at all.

Those isolator pads are included with every RDS bar