Go Back   FORD RAPTOR FORUM - Ford SVT Raptor Forums - Ford Raptor > Ford Raptor Forums - Modifications > Ford Raptor Lighting Modifications Forum
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Supporting Vendor

Sponsored Ads
Register to remove these ads.

Ford Raptor Lighting Modifications Forum

Ford Racing Light Bar KC PODS

This is a discussion on Ford Racing Light Bar KC PODS within the Ford Raptor Lighting Modifications Forum forums, part of the Ford Raptor Forums - Modifications category!
Register to remove these ads. It's free! HI I waiting for delivery of my 2014 Raptor and looking to put ...

User Tag List

Like Tree1Likes

Sponsored By: KC HiLiTES

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2013, 10:55 PM   #1 (permalink)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

(Thread Starter)
Default Ford Racing Light Bar KC PODS

Register to remove these ads. It's free!
HI

I waiting for delivery of my 2014 Raptor and looking to put the ford racing light bar on the front do the KC PODs carbon fibre fit without hitting the grill on the top and also on the bottom.

http://www.kchilites.com/wp-content/.../9635-Data.pdf

Thanks for any help

or is there a better option a good light bar

Thanks Andrew

Andrew22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 11:36 PM   #2 (permalink)
Full Access Member

I have the kc light bar on mine. The one big advantage I like over the ford bar is that there is a brace on the kc bar that fastens to the license plate holes. It makes it much less likely to vibrate.
Az Scooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 01:11 AM   #3 (permalink)

(Thread Starter)
I have had a look at the KC light bar only issue is its a fair bit higher the the ford racing bar and will obstruct the the forward facing camera
Andrew22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 01:35 AM   #4 (permalink)

FRF Supporting Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Originally Posted by Az Scooter View Post
I have the kc light bar on mine. The one big advantage I like over the ford bar is that there is a brace on the kc bar that fastens to the license plate holes. It makes it much less likely to vibrate.
So does the ford bar

Old 01-01-2014, 10:13 AM   #5 (permalink)
Full Access Member

They both will block, especially with round lights. Mine are 7.5" and block the camera, but really, they do not block so much that it is totally unusable, in my opinion. I also really don't depend on the front camera that much, so...
Az Scooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 05:09 PM   #6 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

The Racing bar does not stick out that far, I ran KC Halogens w/ no problem at all. I do
think you will run into issues w/ the KC PODs, since they are 7.55" from front to back, and 4.5" from mounting point to back of light.

I have an SDHQ Bumper, and was looking at running the PODs since they are amazing, but the measurements were not adding up...and I would hit...keep in mind my bumper sticks out much further then the Racing Bar, and barely fit the Vision-X XPs which are 5.55" from front to back.

ICON 3.0 Coil-overs & Shocks / ICON UCA / SDHQ 4 Light Bumper / KC Aux Lights / RPG Tie Rods / RPG Stage 2 / Fuel Krank Wheels / Stainless Works Lightning Exhaust / Black Matte Hood / Hennessey CAI + 93 tune / Lowrance Elite-5M Baja / Outlaw Raptor GPS Mount
wolfnnc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 08:47 PM   #7 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Originally Posted by Andrew22 View Post
HI

I waiting for delivery of my 2014 Raptor and looking to put the ford racing light bar on the front do the KC PODs carbon fibre fit without hitting the grill on the top and also on the bottom.

http://www.kchilites.com/wp-content/.../9635-Data.pdf

Thanks for any help

or is there a better option a good light bar

Thanks Andrew

Hey I have a black kc light bar for sale it's basically new I mounted it to the truck fora very short time and never mounted lights to it for sale for 200 plus shipping from Vegas
JGov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 03:45 AM   #8 (permalink)

FRF Supporting Member

The N-Fab light bar is a little higher, so it might allow more room for the depth of the KC Pods because it will get them above the plastic bumper. On the down side, it will probably block the front camera more. IMO the front camera is pretty useless unless you get something aftermarket to turn it on/off at will.

The attached photo (black truck) is a KC light bar with Hella Rallye 4000 Compacts. They look pretty close to the plastic bumper.

Sorry I don't know the answer to your question, but hopefully this helps a little.
Attached Thumbnails
raptor_kc.jpg  
BAJASVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 08:04 AM   #9 (permalink)

FRF Addict

You are on the right track to a killer light setup. The KC Carbon Pods are badass and put out a ton of light. Since you are starting w this as your light of choice, $$$, you won't mind just a little extra effort and $ to make the light bar work. Sounds like you are not looking for a complete bumper but want to keep the stock setup and just run a add on bar. Go w a bar w an extra brace, for when you start bouncing around, and pick up some pre fabbed tabs from Kartek, have a shop weld them on the front side of the light bar across from the standard mounts. This should give you the clearance you need. Cut off the old tabs, powder coat it all black, there ya go. Or call CONNOR at Outlaw, Marvin his fab guy could whip a custom bar out easy. Those KC pods are worth the effort! Check out the new Herbst Racing setup, they have switched to KC Pods, 7 across the top, 2 on the A pillar, 4 up front.....blinding!, good luck and have fun w your mod.
MTUH3 likes this.

We are grateful to have Outlaw Raptor http://www.outlawraptor.com/home.aspx and Icon http://www.iconvehicledynamics.com/s...b-Ford-Raptor/ involved in our race program. We look forward to a lasting relationship.
G & P Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 08:41 AM   #10 (permalink)

FRF Supporting Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Register to remove these ads. It's free!
I have the KC Bar on my truck, same as the Ford Racing bar.

Works great, now I just need to upgrade my lights. I want to run some KC HIDs on the bar and some LED bars down low, center of bumper and corners. At least that is the thought / plan right now.

MTUH3 is offline   Reply With Quote