GEN 1 Fog lights under $200???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dhanni848

Reaction score
Hello All. I have had my truck for about 6 months now, and I am ready for some fog lights. I have found a few I like, but my goodness are all of them really over $300 with the bracket?

Are there any good fogs out there at $200ish or under including the bracket? I like the 2 and 3 pod style.

Thanks in advance!

SilentShooter

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Comes down to what you really are wanting them for, Is it really fog lights or are you wanting Off Road lights to go in the pockets. If fog lights are what you want then you have lots of lower cost options, but if you are wanting off road lights for increased lighting then you get what you pay for and the lights cost goes up based on quality and output.

Fog lights you don't want/need super bright lights as it defeats the purpose so you have cheap options.

On amazon you can get the brackets for like $20 and even find cheap Chinese light packages for under 200. But if you are wanting off road lights cheap bracket if fine but spend the money on quality lights

OP
OP
dhanni848

dhanni848

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I ended up finding some on eBay that have Phillips bulbs, and look to be high quality for $160. They have the bracket and 4 3x3" pods. I will post feedback at the first of the year if you would like. I just need them for daily fogs, not offroad.

OP
OP
dhanni848

dhanni848

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I ended up finding some on eBay that have Phillips bulbs, and look to be high quality for $160. They have the bracket and 4 3x3" pods. I will post feedback at the first of the year if you would like. I just need them for daily fogs, not offroad.

Finally got my lights fully installed. They have Philips LEDs in them, brackets fit like the expensive ones (from what I can see online). I am sure the higher end lights are a more direct beam for further distance lighting, but these are pretty good I would say! Like I said, I am sure there are better but these will suit me :biggrin:

Raptor fog light kit LED 4x pods cube SVT Ford F150 race 3d spot Phillips truck | eBay

OP
OP
dhanni848

dhanni848

Reaction score
Few months later, and we had a good amount of rain in the last few weeks. I noticed that the 2 pods on my driver side have condensation in them. Clearly it states they are water resistant so I email the seller. He tells me to ship them back, and when they get them another set will be sent. They are not paying my return shipping or sending the new ones out until the old ones show up. I would rather not look like my truck is winking for a month or more so I am just going to take them apart and seal them.

Needless to say, you get what you pay for and I would stay away from this seller. power-bulbs. Also see the link I posted, and do not buy from there.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What @SilentShooter said.

If you live in an area prone to foggy conditions and real fog lights are what you want, then there are LOTS of options in your price range that are effective. Sirius, for example, has a whole slew of fog lights in your price range: SIRIUS PRODUCTS - AUXILIARY LIGHTING / FOG LAMPS Do some searches at AutoAnything, 4WheelParts, or RealTruck. Heck, even Amazon has fog lights.

Brackets on the GEN1 Raptors are a no-brainer. A straight piece of 2 inch wide steel available from Home Depot or Lowes is all you need. There is a frame member that runs across the front of the GEN1s right behind the bumper hole that already has holes drilled in it right where you need them to be. It'll take an end wrench and some dexterity, but that's how I hung my fog lamps there. If you do it that way, be aware that the bumper is quite curved and if you want your fog lamps deep in the bumper hole you will lose some light directly in front of the truck because your fog lamps are mounted too deep and you're illuminating the back side of the bumper. After several trial and errors, I settled on brackets that are 7 1/2 inches long. I wouldn't go any shorter than that.

One last thing. LED fog lamps are problematical for two reasons. First, most are not certified by their manufacturer to be DOT compliant. If you really need fog lamps for on-road foggy conditions, it makes no sense to buy lamps that aren't certified and may draw the unwanted attention of law enforcement. Second, LEDs don't produce enough heat to melt off freezing spray in cold conditions. Good old halogen fog lamps do. If you live in a cold, foggy climate, halogen fog lamps will serve you much better than LED fog lamps.

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
Few months later, and we had a good amount of rain in the last few weeks. I noticed that the 2 pods on my driver side have condensation in them. Clearly it states they are water resistant so I email the seller. He tells me to ship them back, and when they get them another set will be sent. They are not paying my return shipping or sending the new ones out until the old ones show up. I would rather not look like my truck is winking for a month or more so I am just going to take them apart and seal them.

Needless to say, you get what you pay for and I would stay away from this seller. power-bulbs. Also see the link I posted, and do not buy from there.

I'd honestly recommend M&R for budget LED lighting. I had an issue with some lights I'd bought from him YEARS ago and I emailed him and within a day he had new lights in the mail to me. His customer service is beyond top notch.