GEN 1 Fog lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jaytperry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So as i have been researching this topic, i have come across many different setups, ranging from cheap, to just throwing money at it. The general idea is to get 4 rigid duallys or kcs. with or without a bracket. (kits with brackets are even more spendy) I just cant seem to part with that kind of cash for lights, that i may not use on a daily basis. I know you get what you pay for, but honestly 800 dollars for fog lights is stupid. I have been looking into getting some rough country led lights that are essentially the same size as the rigids. I did a quick search for brackets cheapest i could find was 64 dollars. with 4 lights from rough country, and the bracket i came up with 224 dollars and some change. now i dont know about you but thats a huge price difference, with the money i save by doing it this way i could buy a cold air intake, lol make a payment on the truck itself, hell put gas in it to go play. i think this is the route i am going to go when i do decide(or my wife decides) to put aux lights on my truck. i do have one queston though has anyone made the brackets themselves. i dont think it would be too hard if you had the right tools and equipment to do so. and so everyone knows i am not affiliated with rough country in anyway, this isnt a sales post. just a workin guy with an extremely budget oriented spouse lol.

Squid 3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You get what you pay for.
Inexpensive lights don't last long.
From cheep wires to lenses cracking to just being eaten buy the road

OP
OP
jaytperry

jaytperry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You get what you pay for.
Inexpensive lights don't last long.
From cheep wires to lenses cracking to just being eaten buy the road

i get that cheaper lights dont have the durability that the more expensive stuff has and also warranty. i had a pair of hella 500 ff fogs. great lights they really were bright, and they didnt break the bank picked those lights with everything included for 60 bucks brand new. granted different tech, not nearly as bright as led. but they could be converted to hid if desired. i still cant justify that stupid price for lights. maybe i should buy a light bar and hook up 4 hella lights lol. or put them behind the grill. many ways to skin the snake it seems.

dhanni848

Reaction score
i get that cheaper lights dont have the durability that the more expensive stuff has and also warranty. i had a pair of hella 500 ff fogs. great lights they really were bright, and they didnt break the bank picked those lights with everything included for 60 bucks brand new. granted different tech, not nearly as bright as led. but they could be converted to hid if desired. i still cant justify that stupid price for lights. maybe i should buy a light bar and hook up 4 hella lights lol. or put them behind the grill. many ways to skin the snake it seems.

Definitely did the same research, and I was not going to part with that much money. Mine won't be hitting any trails either so have to keep that in mind. I found some lights on ebay that were about $160, and seem like high quality equipment including Phillips lights. I will PM you a link to what I am getting. It will be a month or so before I can install them, but if you want feedback I will for sure give it!

ckanderson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You also have the option of only doing 2 at a time. this is what I'm running. 2 Baja Designs lights, will add the other two when I have a spare 400 bucks burning a hole in my pocket. and yes, even 2 of the Baja Designs lights were very worth it.