Fog light thought

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Krahe3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Still don't have my truck, but was thinking options for fog lighting. My choice is two Amber Rigids mounted in the lower grille. I was also wondering if anyone could tell me how the fogs mount in a 2006ish F250. Just from my uncalibrated eye the opening in the F250 bumper is close to that in the Raptor and I could possibly get some F250 fogs and mount them on the Raptor. I just don't have the two vehicles side by side to brainstorm. Once the truck comes in it will be a trip to the junkyard to check one out.

Any thoughts?

Attachments

• 0908or_02_z+ford_raptor_svt+wider_front_end.jpg
    0908or_02_z+ford_raptor_svt+wider_front_end.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 161
  • DSCN0497-1.jpg
    DSCN0497-1.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 183

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I measured the fog lights on a 05 at work. The lenses are roughly 3 1/2 by 3 1/5 but the lens and housing gets larger as they go back. The brackets (plastic) span the hight of the bumper top to bottom where they mount. Its probably do-able in the Raptor lower grille but there will be some fab work done to make it work. There isn't much for options where the light bolts to the plastic bracket, just two spots that also act as the aim adjustment. By the way it looks, the lights come with the bracket when you buy them. Unless I got some SD fog lights for free, I think I would opt for the Rigids, it would be way less hassle.

OP
OP
Krahe3

Krahe3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for dimensions pirate, If it is too much a PITA like it sounds I will go with Rigids

chriskent85

Reaction score
well i just went ahead and ordered a set off ebay, smokes halo, by looking at the brackets that come on them and looking at my bumper it should be and easy mod to make them work, I'll post pics when they come in

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I mounted a pair of Pilot PL-88W fog lights in the bumper cut-outs using mild steel "brackets." I put brackets in quotations, because all it takes is two pieces of straight steel. No bending required. I used 2 inch wide, 3/16 inch thick mild steel purchased from a home improvement type store. Drill a couple mounting holes and paint, and you're good to go.

I also mounted a pair of smaller fog lights, Blazer Crystal Rod units, in the lower grill. I use them for (rather bright) marker lights, but they work fairly well as the fog lights they're supposed to be.

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ya know what. I think I have a set of them in my tool box. Ill look and since mt bumper is off I will set them in and take a pic for ya...