Flashing LED Lighting - Controllers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

redgs4

Reaction score
Have a new little issue to address on my truck.... I need flashing lights!

I drive my truck for work... heavy civil construction... and soon we're about to unleash 5 years of suck on the citizens on San Diego county as we build some crazy stuff along I-5 and the whole La Jolla area...

Let me know what you all think.

I agree, that really sucks! I'm driving Norcal to La Jolla 2-3 times a year for at least another 2-3 years - my son is going to UCSD. So, ... if I get amber flashing lights for my truck I can drive through the construction areas? :)

OP
OP
D

Drunktank

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree, that really sucks! I'm driving Norcal to La Jolla 2-3 times a year for at least another 2-3 years - my son is going to UCSD. So, ... if I get amber flashing lights for my truck I can drive through the construction areas? :)
If you're in a white 4 door raptor with flashing lights... everyone will think youre the project engineer, thats for damn sure! Just dont roll down the window! LOL! If he goes to UCSD... Ill be the guy building the light rail system through UCSD. After it leaves the VA Hospital itll go right through Pepper Canyon (where all the student housing is), and then head down Voigt Drive... cross I-5 and pass through the parking lots for the medical campus.

So ya... I apologize in advance! :D

rgillund

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I mounted Rigid led cubes and bars in the front fog light position and the center 20" bar position and a couple cubes under the rear bumper that can put amber covers or any color for that matter and also an led strip above the rear bumper but under the tailgate with double stick. Also 7 amber single leds up under the truck body on the running boards of my Raptor. I flip a switch to turn lights on for use and have another switch to turn the strobe function on. That way all the lights serve dual purposes. I work for a geo stabilization company fixing landslides and rock falls. I like the ability to snap the covers on and off the Rigid lights. Being able to also light up the night when needed is a good feature as well.

Mac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those are sweet! Any info on how theyre wired up???
Pretty sure it was a 3 wire setup power, ground and sync. Then I'd another wire you tap to 12v to select the pattern.

---------- Post added at 08:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:45 PM ----------

I mounted Rigid led cubes and bars in the front fog light position and the center 20" bar position and a couple cubes under the rear bumper that can put amber covers or any color for that matter and also an led strip above the rear bumper but under the tailgate with double stick. Also 7 amber single leds up under the truck body on the running boards of my Raptor. I flip a switch to turn lights on for use and have another switch to turn the strobe function on. That way all the lights serve dual purposes. I work for a geo stabilization company fixing landslides and rock falls. I like the ability to snap the covers on and off the Rigid lights. Being able to also light up the night when needed is a good feature as well.
Where do you work? And what do you do? If you don't mind me asking

redgs4

Reaction score
If you're in a white 4 door raptor with flashing lights... everyone will think youre the project engineer, thats for damn sure! Just dont roll down the window! LOL! If he goes to UCSD... Ill be the guy building the light rail system through UCSD. After it leaves the VA Hospital itll go right through Pepper Canyon (where all the student housing is), and then head down Voigt Drive... cross I-5 and pass through the parking lots for the medical campus.

So ya... I apologize in advance! :D

Perfect, I have a white screw and I'm working on getting lights behind the grill [strobe ready]. Sounds like one hell of a project.

debar

Reaction score
strobe lights

I went with Ecco ED3766ac they flash amber and white 10 or so patterns and had it wired to the aux switch in console with a momentary switch in the glove box to change the pattern.

Az Scooter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got my raptor lights from Speedtechlights. I have the Red and whites under the tailgate, strobes in the brake light area of the stock lights, a mini light bar mounted in the rear window, then four strobes in the front, along with strobes in the blinkers. They work well. I spend a lot of time playing dodge car.

Last edited:

lunchboxrts

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an LED flasher that's been setting on the floor in my office for awhile now. I was just wanting the led cubes that came with it but never got around to doing the project. I don't know if it will work for what you want but rather than just sitting it's yours if you want it, just pay shipping.

Here are a few pics and a video of the patterns.
http://1drv.ms/1yXJfYn

2014 Rapture

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an LED flasher that's been setting on the floor in my office for awhile now. I was just wanting the led cubes that came with it but never got around to doing the project. I don't know if it will work for what you want but rather than just sitting it's yours if you want it, just pay shipping.

Here are a few pics and a video of the patterns.
http://1drv.ms/1yXJfYn
I will call dibs on this if it is not already spoken for. Let me know.