Flashing LED Lighting - Controllers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Drunktank

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have a new little issue to address on my truck.... I need flashing lights!

I drive my truck for work... heavy civil construction... and soon we're about to unleash 5 years of suck on the citizens on San Diego county as we build some crazy stuff along I-5 and the whole La Jolla area. Unfortunately for me... alot of the work will be at night so I'll be out on the side of the roads/interstate late at night and need to get some amber flashing lights on my truck.

First question... are there any controllers on the market that would work well to tie into our aux switches? I'd like to just flip a switch to turn on the controller and mount the controller somewhere hidden out of the way (I wont be dicking with patterns and what not).

Second question... Anyone know of any amber LEDs that can mount in the cab, facing out the rear window or any other good places to mount rear facing LED lights? Also, any good options for behind the front grill?

Let me know what you all think.

shelteredraptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is a fresh thread going with exactly what your looking for- rear facing lights that mount in the rear headrest, looks really good. Lemme see if I can find it...

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I would highly recommend the whelen vertex for this application. Once you set the pattern you can turn them on and off and they maintain that pattern super bright and the controllers are mounted in line with the wiring.

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/showthread.php?t=29994

11dcfe61be284e6ba99f1866d2b73012.jpg
7c103ad3839584cf0f04dc70e2471767.jpg

http://youtu.be/9t1X9F59bRE

freedommotorsports.us

Phone: 260-444-7503
Email: [email protected]

10388-fms-website2.jpg

Last edited:

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
how about using the amber lights connected to a relay from your hazard lights? hazard lights can be on without ignition so instead of a controller, a relay shoud work

Mac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have a new little issue to address on my truck.... I need flashing lights!

I drive my truck for work... heavy civil construction... and soon we're about to unleash 5 years of suck on the citizens on San Diego county as we build some crazy stuff along I-5 and the whole La Jolla area. Unfortunately for me... alot of the work will be at night so I'll be out on the side of the roads/interstate late at night and need to get some amber flashing lights on my truck.

First question... are there any controllers on the market that would work well to tie into our aux switches? I'd like to just flip a switch to turn on the controller and mount the controller somewhere hidden out of the way (I wont be dicking with patterns and what not).

Second question... Anyone know of any amber LEDs that can mount in the cab, facing out the rear window or any other good places to mount rear facing LED lights? Also, any good options for behind the front grill?

Let me know what you all think.

You can check out my old tread

Mac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine are surface mounted on the lip above the rear bumper and behind the front grill with an angle bracket.