GEN 1 First retrofit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jhollowell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. I’m attempting my first HID retrofit and ran into a little snag. First off the build is using 09-14 OEM halogen housings and i went with the mini H1 kit from the retrofit source. My issue is when i try to mount the projector in the reflector the threads of the projector don’t protrude through the back side so i can’t get the nut on or the adapter plate. Is there an extension or some kind of adapter i can get to make the projector longer? Or do i have to grind the back of the reflector housing to make it shorter?

52943f2425254556c2bf1bbbb840d9be.jpg

3c13aaaf7f41c85bd9e805c1a939ea56.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SVO 85

Reaction score
I trimmed the back of the housing down flush, then went to the hardware store and got some furniture caps. I drilled those and used them as a washer on the back. Soft plugs off an engine would work too. The problem I ran into was I couldn’t get the beam high enough, I was driving with the high beams on just to see. Ended up with some lights from Raptor retrofit instead.