Extremely dim headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JBrashers

Reaction score
I bought my 2010 raptor in December and it has had awful headlights since I got it, both dim and brights are very dim. I have had to replace both dim lights already as well as had to replace the right low beam fuse. I'm getting roughly 13 volts to the headlights. This is the only electrical problem I currently have. Any idea what could be causing this?

M3toSVT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Either a crappy ground or you're just seeing the typical output of the halogen headlights.
Which sucks by the way.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've got a 2011 and I've never been tempted to change out my headlights. I think they're fine for on-road driving. But the weather, the roads, the wildlife, and the rarity of street lighting makes additional lighting advisable here in northern Nevada, so I've got legal halogen driving lights, PIAA halogen off-road lights, and two sets of halogen fog lights. You might look into a set of street legal driving lights.

Last edited: