Engo Multi-Function 20" Curved Light Bar - Review

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ReyLorenzo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On Black Friday I snagged up a new 20" light bar since the cheap one I got from Amazon had a few burnt out LEDs. I went with the Engo multi-function curved bar Engo USA - 20 INCH CURVED LED LIGHT BAR 120 WATT, AMBER AND WHITE MULTI-FUNCTION. It has white and amber colored LEDs along with a strobe feature. A few people on here were worried that the bar was not going to fit the Rigid mount since most of the "off-brand" bars tend to be longer than the Rigid bars.

Old light bar. Notice how visible grill tabs are under the light bar.

LB1_zpsb2c9d60f.jpg

After I removed the old light bar I mocked up the new one to see how much I had to modify the bracket. As you can see it was no more than 1/2".

LB3_zps69f1c763.jpg
LB2_zpsfeba5f57.jpg

Now, here's the part that some people on the forum seem to have trouble doing in order to get non Rigid brand light bars to fit the Rigid bracket. I hammered the bracket in each direction just enough to get the bar to fit. Pretty easy and simple!

LB4_zps5edc2961.jpg
LB5_zps4dff3051.jpg

After I mocked it up and was ready to bolt it on I noticed that the holes in the bracket are smaller than the bolts the new light bar came with.

LB6_zps97059264.jpg

I took a flat head screwdriver and pried the slots from the top just enough so the bolts would fit. Then I proceeded to bolt everything up, wire the light, and install the bumperettes (this almost took longer than the light itself).

Finished product. Noticed how the tabs are not as noticeable. Much better fit IMO.

LB7_zpsabc5b4e9.jpg

I'll post pictures tonight to see how bright it is. There's one thing I don't particularly like about this light bar though. It comes with a remote so you can switch from white to amber, and for the different strobe speeds. The problem with the remote is that the lights don't turn on by flipping the AUX switch to on. After you flip the AUX switch ON, then you have to turn on the lights with the remote. I don't know if I was supposed to use the relay and the rest of the harness the light came with, but I wouldn't think that is the reason why it works this way. Any input on that is greatly appreciated if anyone knows.