dual color lightbar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
tomahawk

tomahawk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's pretty fricking cool!!! I can see that saving someone's life if you are stranded on the side of the road changing a tire or doing a repair.

Great find!!!

thanks man, yeah I like to have options with some of the stuff I buy so stay tuned more lights to come

OP
OP
tomahawk

tomahawk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
got the second lightbar mounted on the lower part of the grille, brackets were on sale for 18 bucks

Attachments

• IMG_0727.jpg
    IMG_0727.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 174
  • IMG_0726.jpg
    IMG_0726.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 174
  • IMG_0719.jpg
    IMG_0719.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 173
  • IMG_0720.jpg
    IMG_0720.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 174

azoufan

Reaction score
So that $150 light bar in the eBay link requires no additional brackets, just mounted right up? That's a silly amazing deal. CC in hand, just want to make sure it's a pretty straightforward installation. Looks really good!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
OP
tomahawk

tomahawk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So that $150 light bar in the eBay link requires no additional brackets, just mounted right up? That's a silly amazing deal. CC in hand, just want to make sure it's a pretty straightforward installation. Looks really good!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

thanks, yeah no brackets for the top part just as long as its a 30 inch lightbar but the bottom you will need one

got to test the amber lights in the fog....hella nice

Attachments

• fog.jpg
    fog.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 126

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've wondered since day 1 why more companies haven't offered a dual color one. Or heck aside from the rigid, I've never even seen another company offer an amber LED bar that was actual amber LEDs and not clear with an amber cover.

Quick question, since it has the wireless remote to change colors, will it keep the last setting, or does it always turn on in a default color and you have to press it to change colors?

Example, if I shut it off on the aux switch with white , will it turn back on white, and if I shut it off on the aux switch with amber, will it turn back on amber?

OP
OP
tomahawk

tomahawk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've wondered since day 1 why more companies haven't offered a dual color one. Or heck aside from the rigid, I've never even seen another company offer an amber LED bar that was actual amber LEDs and not clear with an amber cover.

Quick question, since it has the wireless remote to change colors, will it keep the last setting, or does it always turn on in a default color and you have to press it to change colors?

Example, if I shut it off on the aux switch with white , will it turn back on white, and if I shut it off on the aux switch with amber, will it turn back on amber?
I know I wish rigid or some other companies would think outside the box that's why I wasn't a big hurry to get an led lightbar then I came across these and thought this would be perfect, as far as the switches yes the last setting you choose on the remote it will save for when you turn the aux switch that goes for the strobe too...I have the remotes inside the sunglasses flip down I figured was the perfect place for them the signal works great and its within an arms reach

Attachments

• remotes.jpg
    remotes.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 115

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
thanks for that info! I'm definitely going to buy one then, and move my current ebay 30" to my open trailer to use for light when loading at night. I could have used this one last night, trying to leave the track, 8 lanes wide, and 7 of the 8 were packed with cars trying to get in. About 1/2 way out some a-hole in an aston martin thought he was cooler than all the other ricers and would drive up the ONLY lane left open for exiting. He tried to be cool and play chicken with me, but I knew he'd be more afraid of hitting the front of my raptor in his $100k+ aston, than me running over the front of his car with my Raptor LOL, so last minute he tries to pull between 2 cars in the full lanes and I threw the 30 & 40" bars on. If the one was strobe it would have even been more disoreienting since it was pitch black out too lol

OP
OP
tomahawk

tomahawk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks for that info! I'm definitely going to buy one then, and move my current ebay 30" to my open trailer to use for light when loading at night. I could have used this one last night, trying to leave the track, 8 lanes wide, and 7 of the 8 were packed with cars trying to get in. About 1/2 way out some a-hole in an aston martin thought he was cooler than all the other ricers and would drive up the ONLY lane left open for exiting. He tried to be cool and play chicken with me, but I knew he'd be more afraid of hitting the front of my raptor in his $100k+ aston, than me running over the front of his car with my Raptor LOL, so last minute he tries to pull between 2 cars in the full lanes and I threw the 30 & 40" bars on. If the one was strobe it would have even been more disoreienting since it was pitch black out too lol

youll love it for sure they also have 40 inch dual color and 20 inch, im going to get either a prerunner lightbar for the rear window https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrTq1yeGi00
or the m&r seat leds https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6vD4x9RqEI
theres all kinds of cool leds on the market right now hell they even have the multicolor ones https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcVIkMk_nAo .... its hard to support a company like rigid when they don't think outside the box

raptor36

Full Access Member
Reaction score
its hard to support a company like rigid when they don't think outside the box

Cool light :) followed by a rather bold statement, not sure I agree. Yeah, don't agree. However, cool lights. Would be cool on a chase rack.