DRL when using oem ford hid on 2011 raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

beadblaster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the drl on the hid oem ford headlights will work when using the hid,s on 2011 raptor. On the 2011 the low beam acts as the drl but on the hid 2013 lights the ambers act as the drl. In canada we are required to have the drl and was wondering when you retrofit the hid onto the 2011 does the drl still work or is there a additional mod or wiring harness needed to activate.

Macman

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you currently have them then when you get the plug and play harness for the 2013's it will turn the projector on as the DRL. Completely plug and play.

gordhunt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup what he said I have them on my 2011 and love them

Sent from my S4

Raptor_Kx250

Reaction score
I too plan to do this swap, I really like how the 13's look with the signals as the drl and don't really like idea of running the hids all the time. So I'm working on a way to make them work just like the 13's , will let u guys know when I get it all straightened out :cheers:

Macman

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah I wouldn't mind having that option as well. For now I will just run the projectors until there is an easy solution though.