DRL (daytime running lights) stopped working after LED upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dirt Bag

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anybody see this?
I upgraded all my interior and exterior lights to LEDs ( AMB supplied and they look bad ass!).
Tail, reverse, blinkers, all of them.
Now, all of a sudden the daytime running lights don not operate.
Does not make sense to me and its not all that easy to go back one bulb at a time and see which one may interrupt the circuit.
:mad:
Maybe just coincidence?
Any help is appreciated.

Reaction score
Not as far as I know; the CarFax I got when I bought it had it originally purchased and licensed in Washington State. When you start the truck the headlights aren't lit up, but as soon as you put it in gear they turn on. Always have. If you park in front of a store window or something you can see it happen, otherwise you'd have to see the truck driving to notice. I asked the dealer about it when I put in the HIDs so they wouldn't be on all the time and they said it was normal and that they couldn't disable them for me legally.

Last edited:

gordhunt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dealer can turn DRL on with their computer

Sent from my LG-D803 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Dirt Bag

Dirt Bag

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's a 2012 and had DRL from the start.
Not too big of a deal and I may just leave them off (stealth mode).
Thanks Gordhunt. I just had it in for a warranty repair on the high pressure power steering hose. Dealer must have reset it somehow.