Do fog light kits really work?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CP RAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm looking in to numerous led fog kits. Amber flood and white spots wired on two switches.

Do I go extreme off road at night? Nope! Do I travel real dark back and dirt roads prone for moose and deer? Yes. Mostly fall and winter and many miles from any light.

I will be using them on the road. Mostly in the day and ambers at night for looks. If I can aim them well enough I'd pretty much run them full time.

Do they give off good light to benefit me 15 miles in a dirt road alone? I prefer the fog kit as I can run them more, for the money of accessory lighting want to be able to use them as much as possible but I also want them to work.

If they don't work well I'm considering a 20 in the bumper or a 30 on a bull bar. I know they both give way more light but I still prefer the fog kits.

I'm well aware of the companies, vendors, quality etc. I have one company narrowed if I can't get a smokin deal from a family friend looking in to it as we speak, just want to see how well they work.

ANY PHOTOS OF FOG ONLY OUTPUT WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED!!!

Any info or opinions?

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have 4 Rigid clear D2's spot/driving in the stock bumper openings. They're super bright and very exspensive. You can find cheaper ones on-line eBay, DigiDiodes, etc. I really like the Leds and highly reccomend them. I'm thinking about switching to amber on the outside lights. Post pics when you get yours.

Ni9mm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Lawman, Fogs only are not going to get you where you need to be. You Novy Scots need at least a 30 in a bull bar preferably Add Race series. Then kick it up to fat moose and get you a Rigid RDS 50"

Talk about Moose ****! lol

OP
OP
CP RAPTOR

CP RAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just vettin I'm hoping to grab a crazy deal on dome rigids.

Ni9mm... Between the taxes and gas prices up here I have to stay somewhat conservative. I'm in Florida now and frig what a difference in pricing! If only I could get all of the things I want on a plane. Guess I'm bringing the truck down in spring !

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, the Rigid fogs work, but will most likely be too bright to run around other people. If you want to use them more for looking out for animals in the country, than for looks when running around town, your gonna need to aim them a little higher than would he comfortable for oncoming drivers to look at. You get 4 D2's in the fog kit. Each of the below pictures is with 2 on. (will show you what having 2 in white will look like.)

Driving Beam
gyjusese.jpg

Wide Beam
ehyhany5.jpg

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I don't think you can go wrong with the Rigid Dually D2s IMO. Pricey but I feel they are the best bang for your buck.

OP
OP
CP RAPTOR

CP RAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the pics maxx I didn't realize just how far they throw the light. And thanks for the responses so far guys. Appreciated.