DIY Custom Vent and Grille Led Lighting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Raptized

Raptized

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did my hood vents with some amber LED strips from Ebay and then my SVT vents with red reflective tape. Total cost $15.

4h0s5Hv.jpg

uE335BI.jpg

It looks bright but honestly unless you look right at the vents at night it's not all that noticeable, which is what I wanted, just a subtle glow.

Here's the vents:

v0vi3LT.jpg
74q5ecd.jpg
kwVbtlq.jpg
That's sweet. How did you get the hood vents off? I have seen a video for the side vents. Did you light the side vents as well?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
They're not super hard to get off, there's a few bolts on the underside and then it's just a matter of gentle prying around the edges from the top to get them to pop loose. I put a rag down and used a couple of screwdrivers and just worked my way around the edges. You can see where the snaps are (black round plastic pieces) so if you start near one of those and get it to pop off it'll come off really quickly. Side vents have a snap right above the SVT. They come out out really easy too. It'd be super easy to drop a couple of LED strips in behind there while you're doing everything else if that's what you wanted to do.

OP
OP
Raptized

Raptized

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They're not super hard to get off, there's a few bolts on the underside and then it's just a matter of gentle prying around the edges from the top to get them to pop loose. I put a rag down and used a couple of screwdrivers and just worked my way around the edges. You can see where the snaps are (black round plastic pieces) so if you start near one of those and get it to pop off it'll come off really quickly. Side vents have a snap right above the SVT. They come out out really easy too. It'd be super easy to drop a couple of LED strips in behind there while you're doing everything else if that's what you wanted to do.
Great. I want to do the vents and svt logo leaving the vents functional. Unfortunately it seems that I am going to have to remove some metal behind the logo to make room. That's the info I was looking for!

OP
OP
Raptized

Raptized

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It would go with my interior disco ball mod.

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
Great. I want to do the vents and svt logo leaving the vents functional. Unfortunately it seems that I am going to have to remove some metal behind the logo to make room. That's the info I was looking for!

They make EL-Tape that will fit there and light up if that's what you want. Check into that.

Five-O Donut Hole

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Did you do the mod? Did you alter your fender to allow for the svt logo to light up?

The electro tape squeezes in between the metal and the plastic SVT vent. A little 3M double side foam tape keeps it from moving. Easy to replace when the electro tape reaches the end of its life span

Last edited:
OP
OP
Raptized

Raptized

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone have a recommendation for a bright set of reds?

ogdobber

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I did my hood vents with some amber LED strips from Ebay and then my SVT vents with red reflective tape. Total cost $15.

4h0s5Hv.jpg

uE335BI.jpg

It looks bright but honestly unless you look right at the vents at night it's not all that noticeable, which is what I wanted, just a subtle glow.

Here's the vents:

v0vi3LT.jpg
74q5ecd.jpg
kwVbtlq.jpg
what red reflective tape did you use?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
what red reflective tape did you use?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

It's the stuff you can buy in the walmart automotive section. I can't remember the brand, but it actually matches the Molten Orange really well when it's not reflecting