Dimensions on installed Ford Racing Light Bar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Considering going a different route and getting a FR Light Bar. Question is, how far forward does it stick out?

I'm definitely limited on space in the garage length-wise...

IRONMAN

Reaction score
Considering going a different route and getting a FR Light Bar. Question is, how far forward does it stick out?

I'm definitely limited on space in the garage length-wise...

REALLY!! I've seen a few guys with them all rusted to shit.
Wonder if ADD or one of our venders could fab you one and powder coat and it'll last you for years.

peppercorn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a bar, from one of the vendors here, and it started rusting on all of the welds almost immediately after our first rain this summer. And that was after I spent several hours fabing brackets for my hood latch, brackets that were promised on three different occasions but never materialized, and relocating light tabs that were positioned nearly a full inch to high. And that is a sterilized shortened story.
I would like to say that it all just 'bolted right up' as advertised.
I guess the trend here, with what Iron is saying about the FR bar, your experience with the Rigid behind the grill set up and what I have gone through is that sometimes it just isn't so simple or,worse yet, as advertised.
I looked long and hard at the 'behind the grill setup' you and 'cow were running. If I did it all over again I would probably just spend the time/energy and redo the brackets that you described in another thread. I only say this in hind sight of course.

Last edited:
OP
OP
swoop1156

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, I don't know what the hell I am doing most of the time until I do it. I still have the full RIGID setup, but I can't leave well enough alone long enough to make a decision!

Hmm...

I guess I'll just stick to my new fabbed up bracket idea -- I just need to find time to get to the weld shop!! :(

peppercorn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I don't know what the hell I am doing most of the time until I do it. I still have the full RIGID setup, but I can't leave well enough alone long enough to make a decision!

Hmm...

I guess I'll just stick to my new fabbed up bracket idea -- I just need to find time to get to the weld shop!! :(

I think that is the real ****** of this whole thing. You are lead to believe that you are buying something that has been built to your vehicles specs and then the next thing you know you are finishing what someone else started at the cost of time and energy.

OP
OP
swoop1156

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think that is the real ****** of this whole thing. You are lead to believe that you are buying something that has been built to your vehicles specs and then the next thing you know you are finishing what someone else started at the cost of time and energy.

Well, RIGID's mount for the 40" DOES work, as does all their other mounting instructions for their other products.

It's just that the mounting options SUCK.

Perhaps it's my need to be perfect. Perhaps it's my requirement that the lights (or anything, for that matter) function to the utmost of it's capability.

peppercorn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hear that.
I just think that the 40'' Rigid puts out alot of scatter in the vertical which requires it to be aimed slightly lower than one might think. I say this after running several hundred backroad miles through the night. I probably adjusted it 5 times before I was satisfied.
I don't know since I haven't seen the brackets but it just seems that this could have been addressed before it shipped, making it truly a bolt on and run application.

Last edited: