Daytime driving lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

First Truck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there any way, (other than turning on the parking lights), to have the LED markers, at least, stay on during the daytime?

Thanks

CineSLR

Roaming Shutterbug
Reaction score
I was going to make a thread about this... does everyone use their parking lights all the time? I seem to... I wouldn't wire them to the ignition, I would wire them into the "auto" position. That way the parking lights come on during the day and headlights at night would be killer. You would also still have the option to turn them all the way off.

151659,xcitefun-funny-ninja-06.jpg

Last edited:

IRONMAN

Reaction score
I was going to make a thread about this... does everyone use their parking lights all the time? I seem to... I wouldn't wire them to the ignition, I would wire them into the "auto" position. That way the parking lights come on during the day and headlights at night would be killer. You would also still have the option to turn them all the way off. :secret:

I use them almost all the time. When it's super sunny out I don't.

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
As soon as I start the truck I reach over and turn the parking lights on.

I won't go into my "entry and exit procedure" again (screw you, BIRDMAN) but I turn my parking lights on before I start the truck so this doesn't happen...

[unlock truck] Lights on
[open door] Lights on
[start truck] Lights off
[turn on lights] Lights on

My lights come on and stay on. You know, it saves on blinker fluid and stuff. :ROFLJest:

puddle hunter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seeing as how the LED marker's life expectancy far outweighs the filament blinkers... has anyone thought about trying the Switchback LED's from RECON?

product_photo-large_image-1211.jpg

YouTube - Switchback LED

Kinda pricey at $40 each, but with the DRL effect of the white LED and the amber flasher LED... 2 birds one stone? The only downside I can figure is the possibility of having to wire some (included?) resistors.