D2 out after only 3 weeks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AngryBird

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think Rigid should carefully examine all of their suppliers production processes to guarantee quality. We should also make sure they are using certified materials and require them to provide Quality Assurance paper work on every product we buy. This is what is done at nuclear facilities where I work. Oh wait we pay $100 for the same Square D breaker you can buy at Lowes for $10.

If you are OK paying $5000 for your Rigid 20 inch bar that's cool I guess.

:snoopfacepalm:

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The seal around the lense is what I think is letting moisture in. Even in this day and age seals still leak.
People won't stop buying Rigid, they are the #1 selling light bar. (read that on the internet so it must be true) Rigid did address the problem on this forum before by admitting that it was a problem and that all lights would go through a submersion test.

WReX24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
20140125_122853.jpg

I had a similar issue a couple of months ago, just a few weeks after installing. It's a pain in the ass to have happen, and to remove the light and ship back to rigid for repair, then reinstall.

That being said, I still enjoy the overall quality of all of my rigid lights. Yes, they're expensive, and no, they certainly shouldn't still be having the condensation issue. However, they did fix the issue as promised, and when they're all working, the output is phenomonal.

matrix243

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine are fine that way, but after a month, one of the bolt holes corroded and enlarged an extra 1/8 inch around, removing some of the paint. Did stop I think though. Any have that happen?

justcozz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think it's the gasket around the lens on mine. I'd bet that it is the electrical connection grommet/ seal on the top of the light that is failing. I got one off road day with mine when both lights from the same box had water intrusion. That's a straight up quality assurance issue and not a material failure. The environment wasn't to blame either, because the different pattern light an inch away from each failed light had no issues.

Simple problems require simple fixes. I'm mostly bummed that for the price of the light I had to remove a basically brand new light and pay return shipping for what appears to be a known issue. It would save Rigid money to fix this immediately instead of delaying it. When they pay to ship me back my fixed lights it's going to make all of my future Rigid products that tiny bit more expensive.

RigidIndustries

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
If you havent already taken care of this with us, Please call us first thing monday and we will make sure this is taken care of right away. Or you can email our warranty department. [email protected]. We back our product 100% with a lifetime warranty and always want our customers happy.

Thank you for supporting Rigid Industries!

Well one of my d2s went out last night...took a look at it and there is some water condensation inside the light housing....checked the other ones and they looked/worked fine..the other Amber light that's connected to the same switch is still working.

Anyone else run into this problem? Didn't expect this from Rigid. Pretty disappointed View attachment 45279

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

krypt0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One of my amber D2's went out (quit working) a bit ago as well. I need to unmount it and send it out for warranty work as well. Love the light output though!

Vash

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Whelen offers flush mount lights of various types. Jimmy from WSI can get you whatever you need. Also, no fogging issues and I haven't seen anyone on here have issues with their Whelen lights either partially or completely stop working. Whelen is used by many LE and Emergency vehicles. They don't have time to deal with sending back faulty products for the same issue over and over as they outfit fleets of vehicles and not just a single vehicle. It's gotta work the first time. Not a lifetime warranty, but what good is a lifetime warranty if you spend the rest of your life shipping lights back to the manufacturer.

Cleave

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Seems like all the lights having this problem are flood/wide pattern lights, it could possibly be a fault in the optic design instead of the seals