Custom Upper Grill 40" LED Bar Mount

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigBOSS

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just bought an ADD Stealth Fighter bumper from ducatisps which would block the 40" bar I have if I mounted it below FORD in the upper grill. Anyone had a shop make a custom mount so that you can mount a 40" bar ABOVE the FORD in the grill?

Thanks.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
Biggest did this. The mounts are actually quite simple in design. However it does require notching the grille supports so the hood will close.

OP
OP
BigBOSS

BigBOSS

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Biggest did this. The mounts are actually quite simple in design. However it does require notching the grille supports so the hood will close.

Any idea if he has a thread on it? I am failing miserably with search :pp:

OP
OP
BigBOSS

BigBOSS

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Oh whenever you call me oh I'll be there.....whenever you need me oh I'll be there.

http://s1276.photobucket.com/user/r...ploads/Ford Raptor/image_zpse63632f0.jpg.html

http://s1276.photobucket.com/user/r...ads/Ford Raptor/IMG_2845_zps5ed2a74d.jpg.html

Send me your address I have a set laying around. I'll send them to you.

Randy

Wow bud, you rock! :leghump:

Was Mr. Birdy correct that you had to do some trimming of the support brackets? Any and all info would be greatly appreciated brotha!

Biggest

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow bud, you rock! :leghump:

That's how this FRF family rolls playa!
Was Mr. Birdy correct that you had to do some trimming of the support brackets? Any and all info would be greatly appreciated brotha!

Yes. The grill support brackets need a tad of trimming with a dremmel or disc grinder. Takes a few minutes and a bit of chalk to mark where it will touch when you close the hood. Close it gently, when you lower the hood and it engages the latch start pressing down gently and you will see the spot that the grill supports will come into contact with the top of the light bar.

Last edited:

Mad Max

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Someone should sell these! Since my KC's sit so high, mounts to raise a 40" (or 30") LED bar above the FORD would be awesome.