CREE 18W 7" low profile LEDs installed as reverse lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Originally thought I'd throw these in the lower bumper openings using rigid brackets but I ended up just ordering the white/amber duallys. So I ended up mounting these as reverse lights and couldn't be happier. The low profile slim design looks sweet back there and they throw tons of light a good distance without washing out my backup camera. Under $27 each shipped and very solid construction.

Can't copy/paste the link from my phone for some reason right now but just search Amazon for CREE 18W and they come up first.

etaranav.jpg

a3a6u5a6.jpg

u5e8uge8.jpg

za7u7uty.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

cups

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like how you mounted them. Good picture. I'm gonna check to see about moving mine to that location. Thanks.

BobboZR2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just ordered these myself this evening. Planning on installing them this week once I get them. Did you wire them only to the factory reverse lights, an up fitter switch, or both? If you wired to an up fitter, did you add an in-line fuse?

OP
OP
Stang

Stang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wired both directly to the left reverse light for the hot. Can't recall off hand which color wire but it's on the forum here somewhere. There are several bolts on the inside bumper you can ground to. I used waterproof connectors for everything then ran the wiring in split loom corrugated tubing.

I thought about running them to an upfitter switch but it would be too tempting to throw them on for tailgaters and such and I thought that could just lead to problems I don't need.

BobboZR2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wired both directly to the left reverse light for the hot. Can't recall off hand which color wire but it's on the forum here somewhere. There are several bolts on the inside bumper you can ground to. I used waterproof connectors for everything then ran the wiring in split loom corrugated tubing.

I thought about running them to an upfitter switch but it would be too tempting to throw them on for tailgaters and such and I thought that could just lead to problems I don't need.

Thanks man. I'm still debating if I want to wire them to an upfitter switch for the same reason. And, like you, I don't want any issues. However, I would also like it for when I go camping so I can light up the camp area for packing/unpacking/etc. I'll make a decision by tomorrow when the lights arrive. Thanks for the link to the lights. I'll post up pics when I get them installed.