Converting 2010 per headlight housing to 2013 HID PROJECTOR

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

djmacc

Reaction score
Hi just bought my Raptor couple weeks ago and I ran across a couple of 2013 OEM projector light housings in rough shape. The housings have a couple damaged clips and the lenses are scratched. I plan on taking these housings apart and removing the lenses to add halos so I'm hoping to swap the lenses from my 2010 lights which I assume will work fine but my real question is can I transplant the projector/HID guts of the damaged 2013 housings into the 2010 housing? I guess a simpler way to ask this question is can I transplant the projector interior guts from the 2013 OEM lights into my 2010?

Dan

IRONMAN

Reaction score
Nope, totally different backs. One is set up to receive the ballasts and are deeper because of the projectors.

OP
OP
djmacc

djmacc

Reaction score
Nope, totally different backs. One is set up to receive the ballasts and are deeper because of the projectors.

Thanks I pulled the 2010's out and there are a lot of differences. I am going to remove the lense from a 2013 next week and compare the fit.

OP
OP
djmacc

djmacc

Reaction score
What about the clear glasses, are they the same?

Finally got back to the lights and found that the halogen lens fit the projector housing with the exception of a couple of the lens hold retaining clips don't line up. I am not to worried about that as I clamped the the housing and lense together and let sealant cure. Once it cures that lense won't be going anywhere.

TuFerLife

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good info... I'm going to have to use the lenses from my halogens on my OEM projectors because I bought them like you did with some moisture on the inside of the lens. Tried to clean them but it was a big PITA, so I'm just going to bake all the headlights and take them apart....

How's the process going so far?

Aaron313

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would like to see what you guys come out of this with. On the fence of buying some HID's here in town but they have some deep scratches on the the right headlight and would be up to using my halogen lenses as well

Sent from my iPhone 6s using Tapatalk

OP
OP
djmacc

djmacc

Reaction score
Good info... I'm going to have to use the lenses from my halogens on my OEM projectors because I bought them like you did with some moisture on the inside of the lens. Tried to clean them but it was a big PITA, so I'm just going to bake all the headlights and take them apart....

How's the process going so far?

Everything came out great. I installed 2 concept strips, a halo and a demon eye in each housing. I installed the color morph led'so I can get the lights to match the same amber color of the grill or any other color for that matter. The worst part of the process is getting the lenses off. It's tedious even after baking them. A heat gun makes things move along better.

OP
OP
djmacc

djmacc

Reaction score
Headlight project

I would like to see what you guys come out of this with. On the fence of buying some HID's here in town but they have some deep scratches on the the right headlight and would be up to using my halogen lenses as well

Sent from my iPhone 6s using Tapatalk

Here are a few pics of my project.

Attachments

• amber.jpg
    amber.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 94
  • demon eyes.jpg
    demon eyes.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 86
  • redonred.jpg
    redonred.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 155