Control all your Accessories from an App on your phone

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trav

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A buddy of mine is working on a cool product everyone might be interested in.

Its a Bluetooth module that you control from an App on your iPhone or Android device. You wire all your offload lights or other accessories to.

No more passing wire in to the cab of your truck, no more finding a place to mount your switch or button.

Simple install. -mount the unit with our vehicle specific bracket in engine bay
-connect positive and negative wires to battery to give it power
-plug up your lights to the box -turn on and off with our app

Check out the instagram video he put up yesterday.

https://instagram.com/p/2XLS_OItX7/?taken-by=killawhale42

just in case the insta link doesn't work here is a direct link

https://scontent-sjc.cdninstagram.c...6-16/11244384_836426169785632_390381969_n.mp4

There will be a specific Raptor version. Relase date is set for late summer 2015

Last edited:

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Here in the state of Nevada it is illegal to use a hands-on electronic device while driving, and this is true even at a stop sign or stop light. Not sure about other states, but it's a caution.

spot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Neat. I can think of some really good uses for that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's just my personal opinion, but I don't think it's wise to slave the operation of your truck to another device. One might leave the cell phone at home, the phone's battery may get discharged, the ap may have or may develop software glitches, etc. Compared to a simple electrical switch, ap-controlled truck lighting is a LOT more prone to failure. Remember Occam's Razor - The simple solution is almost always the best solution. My 2 cents.

D

Deleted member 12951

It's just my personal opinion, but I don't think it's wise to slave the operation of your truck to another device. One might leave the cell phone at home, the phone's battery may get discharged, the ap may have or may develop software glitches, etc. Compared to a simple electrical switch, ap-controlled truck lighting is a LOT more prone to failure. Remember Occam's Razor - The simple solution is almost always the best solution. My 2 cents.

Very few points are valid. Leave cell phone? Who does that? Most people always have their phone. Battery dead? Plug into lighter with usb cable. Most people have this setup in their vehicle anyways. And with our trucks there is the plugs in the console. Software glitches, yeah big deal, if you have any smart phone you are accustomed to this anyways and they usually get fixed soon. I use tapatalk, to write this right now, it has glitches. We are going to use this to use aftermarket lights, horn, compressor, etc so big deal and not illegal if used during off road use anyways. Its not like this system is controlling our air bags or other safety devices.

Personally if the price is right, this is an awesome product idea. Spod has it but pricey and they require to still have a hard mechanical switch so what's the point.....

t_j

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Very few points are valid. Leave cell phone? Who does that? Most people always have their phone. Battery dead? Plug into lighter with usb cable. Most people have this setup in their vehicle anyways. And with our trucks there is the plugs in the console. Software glitches, yeah big deal, if you have any smart phone you are accustomed to this anyways and they usually get fixed soon. I use tapatalk, to write this right now, it has glitches. We are going to use this to use aftermarket lights, horn, compressor, etc so big deal and not illegal if used during off road use anyways. Its not like this system is controlling our air bags or other safety devices.

Personally if the price is right, this is an awesome product idea. Spod has it but pricey and they require to still have a hard mechanical switch so what's the point.....

They have a touch screen offering now, I kinda want it!