Cheap cheap light bar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ben0326

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had my 30" Tuff Stuff behind the grille for about a month now. This weekend at Havoc will be it's first real test.. I'll keep you all posted

DrippinRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just heads up on the Amazon Tuff Stuff light bars: I originally ordered from Amazon and the bars I received were not Tuff Stuff and the housings looked different from what I ordered. No where on the packaging or light bars themselves did it show the Genuine Tuff Stuff brand. I ended up sending them back and spoke to a rep. from Truck and Winch who stated that they are the only ones who sell Tuff Stuff products as it's their own brand....which is why they are the only ones that have the 18 month warranty. Ended up spending a few dollars more but the housings, waterproof connections and brackets are definitely a better quality then what the Amazon vendors are selling.

Interesting. I have a written email from my vendor saying it's an authentic TuffStuff bar, but no where on the box, instructions or bar itself does it have any brand at all.

Five-O Donut Hole

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Interesting. I have a written email from my vendor saying it's an authentic TuffStuff bar, but no where on the box, instructions or bar itself does it have any brand at all.

See my post #145. If it's a true Tuff Stuff Product, it is packaged with their labeling. The 2x2 LED's even have their logo/name imprinted on them. I encountered the same issue when I made my original purchase from one of the Amazon vendors...which is why I sent the items back. My OCD needed to have the 18 month warranty. I'm sure the knock off light will work just fine like others have said on this post but if you want the 18 month warranty, solid/waterproof/screw together connectors, screwed together sealed housings, send it back and call Truck and Winch. I believe they even have a satellite site through eBay now as well. Tuff Stuff is not Rigid or Vision X but they definitely are a better quality product than the knockoffs in my opinion. Good luck on whatever choice you make.

CarRamrod

Reaction score
how are people installing a 2nd 40" lightbar in the upper grill. I see how the smaller 20" ers are geting installed between the grill supports. but i have never seen an upper mount.

JayLV

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am interested in how these are holding up after a few off-road sessions? Any input on that?

My 40 and 30 behind the grill held up fine after a few heavy beatings off road. I've moved the 40 forward on the new bumper, will report after this weekend.

As an aside, my buddy started a lighting/lightbar company. I'm gonna switch to his soon.

Ben0326

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Tuff Stuff 30 made it through Havoc with no problems. I guess the only complaint I have is that it kept getting covered in mud! haha