changing Halos in aftermarket headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DCSVT1

Reaction score
Hello. How difficult is it to swap out halos in headlights? I just got a set of aftermarket headlight that have 2 white halos and would like to put in amber ones to match the marker lights. The halos aren't perfect circles, more oval...like these.

Attachments

• headlights.jpg
    headlights.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 94

t_j

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Looks like your gonna have a hard time with those as they don't appear to be round. First step is to bake them open and take some measurements.

OP
OP
D

DCSVT1

Reaction score
First step is to bake them open and take some measurements.

Like... get really high and pry them open with a screwdriver..??:ROFLJest:
I assume you mean to warm them up with a hairdryer/heat gun and pop them open? OR do you really mean stick them in the oven on bake! ?

I don't want to break them and given the odd shape of the halos maybe I should just leave them be. I'll have to investigate how well they're assembled. Maybe the little kids that made them didn't overdo the sealant.

I'm hoping that somebody already did this to a set like these with irregular halos.

SVTLOPEZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Like... get really high and pry them open with a screwdriver..??:ROFLJest:
I assume you mean to warm them up with a hairdryer/heat gun and pop them open? OR do you really mean stick them in the oven on bake! ?

I don't want to break them and given the odd shape of the halos maybe I should just leave them be. I'll have to investigate how well they're assembled. Maybe the little kids that made them didn't overdo the sealant.

I'm hoping that somebody already did this to a set like these with irregular halos.

there's a video on youtube on hos to dissemble the headlight. I wouldn't do it unless you have a spare to prace on. And yes, you have to put them in the oven and bake them. they will tell youthe temps on the video. again, I wouldn't do them lol. save some money and get someone like dawson @raptorretrofit to do it. Dawson. ill be hitting you up soon btw lol. Would be an awesome idea is you make it out to TRR and sell them there. I'd buy them lol

daddycreswell

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's a very easy process to get them apart, time consuming too. I did mine on my 07 f150, I think it was bake them for 10 minutes @250 then work on them, reheat as necessary. Going slow is the best method, you pry a a little, then reheat until they are apart.