Change lights in grill?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Krab

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1. You probably think I don't know a lot about how lucky I am. I understand it and I am a lot more grateful than what is probably expected of a teenager getting something like a raptor for his first car, but, why wouldn't i get something cool if I can't

2. It might be illegal to change the color of those lights, but if it wasn't, blue would be legal and red would not be. Red lights are never allowed, blue are.

1) Good for you. Have a cookie.

2) https://www.dps.texas.gov/RSD/PSB/News/blue_lights.htm

When you get your truck, change the color of those lights to whatever you want and see if you don't get pulled over. It'll be up to the LEO's discretion to issue a citation or let you off with a warning, though. I, personally, would rather not attract that type of attention to myself, but whatever floats your boat.

OP
OP
K

Krutoy

Reaction score
Grammar. :emotions122:

Check your work, young padawan.

Its a forum. It is extremely unnecessary to have proper grammar, however, I at least made sure that my sentence made sense by putting commas so that it could only be read in one way.

The258

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2. It might be illegal to change the color of those lights, but if it wasn't, blue would be legal and red would not be. Red lights are never allowed, blue are.

As a Texas state peace officer, no. Neither are allowed. Red is only allowed on the rear as stop/tail lights and turn signal to which turn signals can also be amber or a shade in between. License plate lights must be white along with reverse. Front turn signals can be white or amber or a shade in-between. Therefore red cannot be on the front and blue is not allowed at all. No where in the transportation code does it say blue is allowed other then emergency vehicles or it would never legal, hypothetically speaking

Last edited: