Change lights in grill?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Krab

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man, you guys are brutal...

16 and looking forward to owning a raptor soon? Geez, must be nice to "afford" one of these trucks at that age...

Yes, I'm hating.

OP, it'd be illegal to change those lights to any other color, especially blue and/or red. That's why a lot of those tuner cars get pulled over and issued citations (aside from being annoying AF).

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score

16 and looking forward to owning a raptor soon? Geez, must be nice to "afford" one of these trucks at that age...

Yes, I'm hating.

OP, it'd be illegal to change those lights to any other color, especially blue and/or red. That's why a lot of those tuner cars get pulled over and issued citations (aside from being annoying AF).

Whaaaaaaat? You don't know what you're talking about. It's totally legal and SUPER cool!!! Kid should totally do it. Just use spray paint, it works amazing.

:supergay:

OP
OP
K

Krutoy

Reaction score

Yes, I'm hating.

1. You probably think I don't know a lot about how lucky I am. I understand it and I am a lot more grateful than what is probably expected of a teenager getting something like a raptor for his first car, but, why wouldn't i get something cool if I can't

2. It might be illegal to change the color of those lights, but if it wasn't, blue would be legal and red would not be. Red lights are never allowed, blue are.

Gilligan

Reaction score
1. You probably think I don't know a lot about how lucky I am. I understand it and I am a lot more grateful than what is probably expected of a teenager getting something like a raptor for his first car, but, why wouldn't i get something cool if I can't

2. It might be illegal to change the color of those lights, but if it wasn't, blue would be legal and red would not be. Red lights are never allowed, blue are.

Every state is slightly different when it comes to the legality of blue/red lights.

Mick VT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To answer the original question, you could probably get what you need to modify the marker lamps with color changing LEDs and a controller from TRS (theretrofitsource). It would be a DIY job so you would need good grafting / crafting skills. Just like any lights on the front of the vehicle you will probably get a ticket if you are caught on road with them showing any color other than white or amber. The same is true for halos, strips and demon eyes.

Idleone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Good for you kid. I hope my son deserves a raptor when he is your age. As for the lights, they are built into the grille and are sealed up pretty good. I cant see putting the amount of time needed to change them for such a small mod. Im sure anything can be done if you have the time.

OP
OP
K

Krutoy

Reaction score
Good for you kid. I hope my son deserves a raptor when he is your age. As for the lights, they are built into the grille and are sealed up pretty good. I cant see putting the amount of time needed to change them for such a small mod. Im sure anything can be done if you have the time.

I am a sophomore in high school, all As in all AP, on my way to valedictorian, so thanks