Bumperette help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nowplaying

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed a 20" light bar with the Rigid light mount in my lower bumper. The Rigid instructions suggest pulling off the bumperettes to ease the install. Now it's time to out them back on and I'm concerned I'm going to break off those 4 tiny tabs.

I know there's plenty of you here that have performed this install. What's the trick to get the bumperettes back on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WReX24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They won't break, they're pretty pliable. If you're that concerned, hit them with a heat gun for a few seconds to warm them up.

I did mine in an unheated garage, it was maybe 40 degrees in there, and didn't break any of the tabs.

It is definitely a bitch to get them back on though.

OP
OP
nowplaying

nowplaying

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I'll try pushing a little harder. My bumper (not bumperette) is Line'X which is probably not helping.

Noticed there's 2 very large bolts on the backside of the bumperette. Was going to try and loosen them to gain a little play in the bumperette frame.

shooterAMG

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I ended up buying a cheap ratchet box wrench and cut the handle so I could get it to ratchet up in there. I took the bumperette off and then put it back on. Huge pain in the ass, but I was worried about destroying the plastic.

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The right sized flat screw driver and patience will help you guide the tab over the top and into position. Get the bottom locked in first though. I was worried about them falling off afterwards but they held up like new, until I ran into a snow bank.

BIGt0007

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You can always use construction adhesive….mine kept popping off.

OP
OP
nowplaying

nowplaying

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good idea. Guess I won't stress about breaking the tabs...there's always glue.