Beware of Recon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I know most stuff recon is junk. However myself and a few others have the recon 10,500 winch with synthetic rope. The winch has been reliable and used many times without fail. Luckily I've never had to call customer support....

Yukon Joe
www.RUNRAPTORRUN.com

GavsterMurf11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know Recon gets a bunch of grief on the FRF, but I've never had problems with their smoked tail lights or illuminated side emblems...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 08:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:17 AM ----------

However, I've been looking into Raptor Retrofits as of late

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kyraptor49

Reaction score
So ARH1956 , the H-13 wiring harness will fix the headlight being on after truck is off?! What about the parking light squares?! They don't light when lights are turned in the on position.. Only flash when using turn signal. Any advice is appreciated.. Thank you.

Kyraptor49

Reaction score
Yeah, Recon's are literally a nightmare. Worthless products, zero reliability and horrible customer support. The terrible trifecta in the lighting community.

---------- Post added at 11:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:27 PM ----------

You could probably get the lights to work with a good H-13 wiring harness from TRS. It would eliminate the battery drain issues but you'd still have subpar lighting.
Hey buddy! So you think that cable will straighten out my issues?! The H-13 cable!

terryturner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi, I just bought a 14 and ordered some recon tail lights unfortunately before reading this thread. They look decent but a poor fit. Has anyone had issues with them sitting flush? Also, the inside corner by tailgate is scuffed and now white but I would fix it if these were worth the hassle

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1413190196041.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1413190196041.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 87

infinitereality

SLC IR/8
Reaction score
Morimoto H13 harness with module I'd bet would solve the intermittent headlight issues with ReCon's stuff.

I used a china for when I did my retrofit and lasted about 2 weeks. Morimoto installed and no issues.