Beware of Recon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Old news with any recon product.

Agreed. A quick Forum search of "Recon" would have saved the OP lots of headaches. As long as I've been on the forum, Recon has always had a crap reputation.

mprice1234

Gen 1 Rules
Reaction score
Recon did me a favor

Sometime ago Recon came out with their lighted SVT side vent and I ordered it at something like $300. Well they didn't ship and didn't ship even though they pulled from my account. I made repeated calls and got the song and dance, I got fed up with them and canceled my order. Took some time to get my account credited but finally did. So I then looked into doing my own MOD with LED lights for about $20 and it came out much better than Recons crappy white SVT and mismatched side vent panel! So thank you Recon for inducing my creative side and coming up with something so much better.

grantoser

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What do you know... Recon light issue... Anyone seen this one?

So installed my recon tail lights. They work well. No quick blinker or any of that. It is a little hard to tell the difference between the tail light running brightness and when you're actually applying the brake (or when blinker is on) but I was going to live with that and hope I didnt get rear ended.

My issue is that now my trailer lights never work. I've tried 3 trailers... All have issues. Would the recon lights cause this? Started RIGHT when I installed them. So annoyed... I pull a trailer for work so this isn't going to work for me. I was hoping to avoid recon issues but look at me... I'm part of the club.

Let me know what you guys think/suggest.

mudblood

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Frankly it should not have any effect but with RECON.................man I just don't know. That is one company I shy away from. Glad your getting good use of them.

grantoser

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Trailer park lamp relay power fuse and trailer stop /turn lamps relay power fuse were both blown. Maybe the recons weren't the issue? No idea... I'll replace the fuses today and see what happens. Could the recons be blowing these fuses somehow? Maybe just during installation or something? No idea... Hopefully fuses will fix the issue.

---------- Post added at 12:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:25 PM ----------

Hopefully just a weird coincidence with recons. Hopefully something just got wet or something and fuses will fix issue