Beware of Recon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I bought and had a professional shop install Recon parts #264283WHBK - 09-14 Ford RAPTOR WHITE Illuminated Emblems SVT and #264421FDBK - Ford RAPTOR 09-14 Black Anodized Billet Door Sill on my 2014 Raptor (just 200 miles on it.)

The Illuminated Emblems are great, installed as directed with kit. Nice product.

The door sill is a totally different story. The product itself has issues for the installer, mainly, the power lead comes out of the sill on the side (as show on pictures) with no way of hiding the wire.

When I brought this to Recon’s attention (with pictures) I was told immediately it was an installers issue and they should have tucked the wire under the sill. An email “war” started with Recon, with Recon continuing to claim installer are the problem, not the product.

IMG_0522.JPG
IMG_0522-zoom.jpg

The installers took the product off my truck and allowed me to take a picture of the power lead…there is no way to hide the wire without modifying the product, which would void the warranty.

IMG_0530.jpg

I gave my installers the go ahead to make the modifications necessary to make it look good and if it is damaged in the process, I would take that on.

My installers did the modification to the product, cutting areas to free up the power lead so it could be out of sight completely (as the product should have been engineered.

After the modification and half-day of my time, the Sill looks like I expected (though the SVT doesn’t light up as it seems to be lite on pictures on the gorecon web site)…I am very happy with what my installers did to fix poor quality control or engineering. No warranty any longer, but there is no way I would allowed that product to stay on my truck with power-lead showing.

IMG_0531.JPG
IMG_0532.JPG

Reaction score
I've went through 5 sets of smoked third brake lights for my PSD. The white LED cargo lights would burn out in a matter of days. Finally said "F" it and rolled with the missing lights.