Best spots for hood mounts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I wish a supporting vendor repped them, but I don't think anyone does so far. LightForce dominates the Aussie market, but they haven't made much headway here for whatever reason.

That Amazon link was just one I found with a 5 second google. I bet they can be had for a little cheaper if you dig around.

Also, YouTube 'em. Lots of great vids showing them off.

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wish a supporting vendor repped them, but I don't think anyone does so far. LightForce dominates the Aussie market, but they haven't made much headway here for whatever reason.

That Amazon link was just one I found with a 5 second google. I bet they can be had for a little cheaper if you dig around.

Also, YouTube 'em. Lots of great vids showing them off.

Thanks, ya I really would rather support the people here too!

Raptor Embroidery

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>Raptor_Al_41</font
Reaction score

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Do these clear the hood alright? I am like 10 seconds from buying them lol
Sorry for the delayed response.

Yes, and no. They clear depending on how you align them; when I have them aligned for distance (tipped up) they clear and when I have them aligned for closer range/side range use (tipped down or to the side slightly) the hood will contact the light's shroud. But the shroud easily and harmlessly flexes just a bit and there's no problem.

Here's a couple pics of the clearance when aligned for distance (tipped up-ish):

5.jpg

6.jpg

By the way, for good measure here's a shot from the inside
3-1.jpg

Ben0326

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey BigJ,
I was wondering where you ended up placing the ballast and igniter for your lights? I'm looking at Lance 140 HID's and was wondering how you ended up placing all the components.

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey BigJ,
I was wondering where you ended up placing the ballast and igniter for your lights? I'm looking at Lance 140 HID's and was wondering how you ended up placing all the components.

Hey Ben. I ended up using some of that 3m industrial strength waterproof double backed tape and sticking them to the sheet metal on the inside of the hills inside the body panels. That same spot that ate a tool as I was installing the mounts. Been there since day one and still solid as a rock in there.

---------- Post added at 04:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:35 AM ----------

Here is a pic of where I mean
IMG_1985.jpg