Best pattern for hood mount lights... advice needed!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

coco'

Reaction score
Hello raptor maniacs!!!
This is my second message on this forum (the first was at New Member Check-in...) ,and the first help request...
I'm a '11 raptor owner,and i want to add some extra lighting using the no cut hood mounts,but my doubt is... which kind of light beam pattern?
spot?
flood??
diffused???

any trouble with light-reflection on the hood using flood beam?

Thank you and CIAO!!!
Marco.

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I use spot as they are mounted high and help with long range vision. Lower mounted lights (bumpers, behind the grill) are generally where a flood pattern is useful. Spot pattern up high also helps with glare on the hood.

SilentShooter

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Spot is the only thing I would go with.
I had 35w KC HID's and recently switched over to Baja Designs XL80's
I also tried the KC Dual Flex spots and felt they were not tight enough beam and had more reflection off the hood than I liked.

Vision x 4.5" cannons are very popular for hood mounts and most venders here sell them as a complete setup. I have SDHQ no cut mounts as well as the custom fit wiring harness they offer so all you have to do it connect it to the upfitter wiring.

HAYNES OFFROAD

aka Wreckless
Reaction score
Yea as others have said, go with a spot beam on the hood mounts. Otherwise light splash will glare pretty bad onto the hood. Tighter spot the better.

Shoot us a PM, we can help quide you through the numerous choices of brands and models to help get something setup that fits your budget.

-Joseph Haynes