Best lights for hood pillar location?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

southpaw14_2004

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If money or brand loyalty wasn't in play what spot will give me the most distance in the hood pillar location? I'm thinking about the Baja Squadron XL and the vision x light cannon right now. I would like to try and run some light bars behind the grill but I don't think anything will fit back there with a roush radiator.

NE Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I run Vision X Optimus on my hood. 3" diameter so not as big as a light cannon but still puts out about 800" of light.

Only heard good things about the Baja design stuff, don't think you can go wrong with either.

Attachments

• IMAG0734.jpg
    IMAG0734.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 146
  • IMAG0698.jpg
    IMAG0698.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 128

HAYNES OFFROAD

aka Wreckless
Reaction score
Both the Vision X 4.5" cannon and the Baja Designs XL racer edition will give you the best distance you can get for that spot.

Personally, I feel the Baja Designs XL racer edition is the better option for THAT position as it uses a 4° beam instead of the 10° that the 4.5" cannon uses which equals less light splash.

But at the same time, a 4° is pretty tight, so going with a Baja Designs XL-80 with a 6° spot would work really well as well.

Hit me up for a quote or if you have any other lighting questions!

-Joseph Haynes

OP
OP
southpaw14_2004

southpaw14_2004

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Both the Vision X 4.5" cannon and the Baja Designs XL racer edition will give you the best distance you can get for that spot.

Personally, I feel the Baja Designs XL racer edition is the better option for THAT position as it uses a 4° beam instead of the 10° that the 4.5" cannon uses which equals less light splash.

But at the same time, a 4° is pretty tight, so going with a Baja Designs XL-80 with a 6° spot would work really well as well.

Hit me up for a quote or if you have any other lighting questions!

-Joseph Haynes

What can you do on the baja xl spot with hood pillar mounting brackets? shipped to 38301