GEN 1 Best LED/CREE headlight bulbs?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stanghunter

Reaction score
Who has the best ENGINEERED LED/CREE headlight bulbs? I don’t mean the brightest I mean the best engineered for build quality, no glare for on coming cars, longevity etc etc.
The set I have now was over $100 a pair but in less than a year the driver side has turned a blueish tint(they are crystal white) and the pass side flickers once in awhile.
My truck is a ‘12.

Thanks!!

truckarl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check out **** and Opt-7 LED bulbs. They are quite popular even in other forums.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I think we have one of the best kits available right now, which is why we sell it.

Our CrystaLux XHP Series utilize CREE XHP50/XHP70 chips to give a terrific output. And the bulb is designed not to cause glare to oncoming drivers. Our XHP Series are offered in all of the popular bulb sizes including H13 for the 2014 and older F150s.

We recommend our XHP Series for non-projector housings (OUR XHP50 are for non-projectors but we do have our XHP70 which are for projectors, it's a single diode instead of 2 diodes, but it's not for ALL PROJECTORS, you want projectors that are open on the back for the fan/larger bulb).

We also have our new G9 Series, which are actually better then the XHP. They throw more lux BUT they are not offered in H13. They are mainly for single beam applications but are for all housings including projectors. Our G9 are so far the best LED lights we've tested on the market (and we've tested all the well known products. OPT7 FluxBeam, Profile Peak Performance, Diode Dynamic SL1s and a few other popular brands on amazon). So far, only DD SL1s came close to our G9 Series, everybody else was behind in terms of lux and design.

We only sell those 2 styles of LED Conversion Kits under our own name because we wanted the best of the best.

Our XHP Series are the same as the Putcos, they just use a different cooling method.

I would not recommend the OPT7... you don't get a lot for your money and they feel really really cheap. We did a shootout a while back and have a new shootout coming up (the new shootout has about 5-7 different brands of LED bulbs, the most popular we found on amazon and from recomendations so we can show real results).

Photos attached of our XHP Series H13 bulb and the G9 Series for reference (the G9 are not available as I said, we did a test run but the collars didn't seat right so we're still tweeking the collars on the G9 Series)

We're also a vendor here so you know you can rely on us:

F150 Specific Kits: Vehicle Specific - Ford - F-150 (2009-2014) - Page 1 - 4x4TruckLEDs.com

Use coupon code RAPTORFORUM and you also get 10% off

Attachments

• ClaraLux XHP (H13 - XHP50).jpg
    ClaraLux XHP (H13 - XHP50).jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 34
  • CrystaLux G9 Series.jpg
    CrystaLux G9 Series.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 39

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Who has the best ENGINEERED LED/CREE headlight bulbs? I don’t mean the brightest I mean the best engineered for build quality, no glare for on coming cars, longevity etc etc.
The set I have now was over $100 a pair but in less than a year the driver side has turned a blueish tint(they are crystal white) and the pass side flickers once in awhile.
My truck is a ‘12.

Thanks!!

The Diode Dynamics SL1 bulbs are the best engineered LED replacement headlight bulbs on the market, but unfortunately, they're not available in the Gen 1 Raptor size yet due to the single bulb for hi/low use.

We also carry the Profile Peak line from The Retrofit Source. And they make a quality H13/9008 Hi/Lo bulb.

You can check it out here: https://www.theretrofitsource.com/l...13-9008-profile-peak-led-headlight-bulbs.html

Please let me know if you have any questions or if we can help get you setup.

OP
OP
S

Stanghunter

Reaction score
I think we have one of the best kits available right now, which is why we sell it.

Our CrystaLux XHP Series utilize CREE XHP50/XHP70 chips to give a terrific output. And the bulb is designed not to cause glare to oncoming drivers. Our XHP Series are offered in all of the popular bulb sizes including H13 for the 2014 and older F150s.

We recommend our XHP Series for non-projector housings (OUR XHP50 are for non-projectors but we do have our XHP70 which are for projectors, it's a single diode instead of 2 diodes, but it's not for ALL PROJECTORS, you want projectors that are open on the back for the fan/larger bulb).

We also have our new G9 Series, which are actually better then the XHP. They throw more lux BUT they are not offered in H13. They are mainly for single beam applications but are for all housings including projectors. Our G9 are so far the best LED lights we've tested on the market (and we've tested all the well known products. OPT7 FluxBeam, Profile Peak Performance, Diode Dynamic SL1s and a few other popular brands on amazon). So far, only DD SL1s came close to our G9 Series, everybody else was behind in terms of lux and design.

We only sell those 2 styles of LED Conversion Kits under our own name because we wanted the best of the best.

Our XHP Series are the same as the Putcos, they just use a different cooling method.

I would not recommend the OPT7... you don't get a lot for your money and they feel really really cheap. We did a shootout a while back and have a new shootout coming up (the new shootout has about 5-7 different brands of LED bulbs, the most popular we found on amazon and from recomendations so we can show real results).

Photos attached of our XHP Series H13 bulb and the G9 Series for reference (the G9 are not available as I said, we did a test run but the collars didn't seat right so we're still tweeking the collars on the G9 Series)

We're also a vendor here so you know you can rely on us:

F150 Specific Kits: Vehicle Specific - Ford - F-150 (2009-2014) - Page 1 - 4x4TruckLEDs.com

Use coupon code RAPTORFORUM and you also get 10% off

I appreciate the feedback but yours are the ones I'm have the issues with.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I appreciate the feedback but yours are the ones I'm have the issues with.

Well our bulbs carry a 2 year warranty. We don't get a lot of H13 bulbs back. The blueish tint could be the bulb failing, does the fan spin on that side? If not, it's most likely just overheating. And the other side flickering is probably because the vehicle is sensing the load (amperage) is off (if you disconnect one side completely it'll cause the other side to flicker off/on and finally turn off).

Shoot us an email, [email protected], and we can RMA the faulty side for you. But i'm betting the fan just stopped is all. Any bulb can fail but like I said, H13's we don't get a lot of (once in a blue moon) coming back to us. H11 bulbs on the 2015+ Trucks more then the H13 due to the completely closed off design of the 2015+ housings (that's why our G9 Series were brought to market, for those enclosed housings).

OP
OP
S

Stanghunter

Reaction score
Well our bulbs carry a 2 year warranty. We don't get a lot of H13 bulbs back. The blueish tint could be the bulb failing, does the fan spin on that side? If not, it's most likely just overheating. And the other side flickering is probably because the vehicle is sensing the load (amperage) is off (if you disconnect one side completely it'll cause the other side to flicker off/on and finally turn off).

Shoot us an email, [email protected], and we can RMA the faulty side for you. But i'm betting the fan just stopped is all. Any bulb can fail but like I said, H13's we don't get a lot of (once in a blue moon) coming back to us. H11 bulbs on the 2015+ Trucks more then the H13 due to the completely closed off design of the 2015+ housings (that's why our G9 Series were brought to market, for those enclosed housings).

Thank you for that! I wasn’t going to ask for any kind of warranty replacement because they sat in my garage for a good year before I put them in. Seems everything has a standard 1year warranty so I guessed I was past that. Nice customer service!!!

Last edited:

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Welp that's why we offer warranties :) Got your email we'll get you straightened out. If I had to guess, the fan was having issues is all and caused it to overheat. It can happen. Also, we changed brands at some point. We used to sell StreetGlow, same style bulb, but slightly different build. Basically in order of our brands from the originals to the latest/greatest:

StreetGlow
4x4TruckLEDs
ClaraLux
CrystaLux

Each brand was a different generation. CrystaLux is the latest, anything earlier (especially if it was StreetGlow or 4x4TruckLEDs) was real early. The brand will be on the box and there will also be a letter code on the Driver that tells us which generation.