Best hood mount light?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vanilla_gorilla

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Has anyone thought of designing a bracket for the roof mounted LED bar (40" I believe) to be re-designed to mount across the hood above the wipers in that area??

I was thinking about this, and i think it would have to be the 50" bar.

But, I don't think it would be a good/viable option:
A.) You would have to make it quick release in order to open your hood
B.) Because of the contour of the window and the hood, it would restrict too much of your front view.
C.) I think the reflection from a 50" LED light bar would be extreme.

But i was thinking the same thing as you, they do make a mount for above the windshield, and i have seen some pics of a Raptor with a roof rack and a light bar mounted it, looked pretty cool, expedition style.

AlternativeOffroad

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
OP
OP
Madcowranch

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
Hmmm. That's a lot less moolah. Part of the reason I wanted spots was to put as little light as possible on the hood to avoid glare. But it doesn't seem like anyone is complaining with these euro beams in the thread you linked.

Even Outlaw mentioned that the Vision X's work best in sets of 3 because the beam is so focused. I want long range but I do want a little spread. Thanks for giving me more to think about.

ISFast

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If it was me I would put those cheap HIDs like I have up there in a 4". 100 buck each and I have no complaints for sure. The Euro beam works great for me and has enough spread/spot that keeps you focused on whats a head but not leaving you blind on the sides. They are just 35W but if they every go out i'm putting 55w in their place.

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
After TRR even with Ducati's hid retrofit headlights, more lighting is needed. Forward lighting was fine, but not enough light for the corners. I would have to slow way down for the corners, so a flood would work a lot better for me.
Wish outlaw brackets had the light mounting tabs on the outside of the bracket. Moving the lights further out and back almost in front of mirrors. To reduce the reflection off the hood and increasing forward visibility..
I am going to mock something up and see if our wonderful vendors can make it work..

-Greg

ISFast

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've got some ideas for light mounting due to the bumper is great but just not tall enough to get good light for uneven terrain, and in tall grass like back home it will cover the lights up which isn't good.

CLAMUP

Reaction score
Hood hid

Try these Optilux® 4-inch High-Intensity Discharge (HID) Lamp Kit , unbelievably bright and longe range visibility.

Attachments

• HOOD 1.jpg
    HOOD 1.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 80
  • HOOD3.jpg
    HOOD3.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 76
  • HOOD2.jpg
    HOOD2.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 99

ISFast

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Try these Optilux® 4-inch High-Intensity Discharge (HID) Lamp Kit , unbelievably bright and longe range visibility.

Yep they are all the same regardless who labels them, but yes they are the best bang for you buck!