Best/Brightest off road lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wow, you did a lot of work doing an independent test and then compiling the results in an easy to read spreadsheet.

We're going to follow your lead -- test our lights and provide the data so there aren't any questions about the results.

I think we'll show pics of the meter readings so everyone can see the results of our tests so there won't be any questions about the information we're posting.

Fixed it for you (re-wrote it so as to talk about YOUR plans and how you're going to test your lights). There was no reason to imply anything and if you didn't you wouldn't have had to explain and apologize. It's all about communicating clearly.

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Another **** measuring contest! Yay! I peed in the pool!

rap67

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have some experience with rigid. I own over 24 of them ranging from dually D2 to 50" E2 hyper spots. I have 30" bars and 20" inch bars. I have them installed on amphibious atvs, UTVs my raptor, f250 and a couple of trailers.

Obviously I like them. I have run my 50" hyper spot against the KC pods and found it to be (to the naked eye) about 95% as good but while the pod was slightly brighter the beam was far more narrow. The 50 lit a larger area. I have some pics posted on a thread here somewhere.

I can recommend rigid for many uses and can verify that the quality, fit and finish and customer service are all high end. The light output is great and does what I need it to.

I think they are easily worth the money. I am not a sales man I am not a vendor. I'm just a guy with a truck and some lights. Hope this helps.

Last edited:

FastEddie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
anyone running the baja designs 6" pre runners? heard some good things just curious on a personal review?

I don't have those but I'm running a baja designs onx6 20" and a bunch of squadrons. Love baja designs. Most natural color temp of all lights. The Onx6 have massive throw. There is a reason lots of off road racers use baja designs.

SilentShooter

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So I somehow fell into this thread just now, and breezed thru 90% of the posts and what I found Hilarious is that no one actually spoke about beam patterns and the planned use for the light.

The is a reason why they sell sooooooo many different types of lights and beam patterns between them. You need to light up the areas you need to see.

A 5* 50w HID or LED spot is going to be one BRIGHT beam and have a huge distance but that really will not do you any good if its not pointing where you need to see things. and on the flip side a very wide beam will not do you much good if you are king 100mph + and need to see whats coming up.

Setting up lighting for your usage would require that you first think about your needs and then look for lights that match up with those. Leave the brand names out of it and look at real data on the light and match it up with your needs.

JayLV

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I somehow fell into this thread just now, and breezed thru 90% of the posts and what I found Hilarious is that no one actually spoke about beam patterns and the planned use for the light.

The is a reason why they sell sooooooo many different types of lights and beam patterns between them. You need to light up the areas you need to see.

A 5* 50w HID or LED spot is going to be one BRIGHT beam and have a huge distance but that really will not do you any good if its not pointing where you need to see things. and on the flip side a very wide beam will not do you much good if you are king 100mph + and need to see whats coming up.

Setting up lighting for your usage would require that you first think about your needs and then look for lights that match up with those. Leave the brand names out of it and look at real data on the light and match it up with your needs.

This 100%. Brand name is mostly **** measuring/waving. Spent some time around a bunch of guys who like to do that kind of measuring and what I can tell you is that they're all bright. At the end of the day it should come down to what your feel comfortable spending and who is going to stand behind their product (warranty).

johndjmix

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For pure power and range you can't beat light force. I mounted a few in my RV for those back roads. When your pulling 18k lbs behind a 40k lb rv, stopping is not something done easily!

That said I went with all rigid and Kawell LED for my raptor. Fit, finish, and the amp draw are attractive for that application.

So really depends on what you are doing. But dollar for dollar you still can't beat halogens for pure output on a budget!

--john.