Best/Brightest off road lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I know there are probably a million different answers for what off road lights are the best and brightest and I know there are probably dozens of threads about this but I am horrible at navigating the forum and decided to just create my own. so my question is what are the best off road lights out there? I was considering going with Rigid Industries and wanted some feedback on these good or bad. also if someone knows of any lights that might be better? if you could include a link that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

okieff218

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know there are probably a million different answers for what off road lights are the best and brightest and I know there are probably dozens of threads about this but I am horrible at navigating the forum and decided to just create my own. so my question is what are the best off road lights out there? I was considering going with Rigid Industries and wanted some feedback on these good or bad. also if someone knows of any lights that might be better? if you could include a link that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I just got some from SideTracked. They were half the price of Rigid and I love them. Customer service was amazing too.

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score

marioec

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got some from SideTracked. They were half the price of Rigid and I love them. Customer service was amazing too.

How long have you had them any pictures mounted ? I saw there price and there half the price of the Rigid I wander how long will they last.

okieff218

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How long have you had them any pictures mounted ? I saw there price and there half the price of the Rigid I wander how long will they last.

I've only had them a couple of weeks but they look and feel solid. I just can't imagine paying almost 500 bucks for the Duallys. Not just for recreational use anyway. They also came with the brackets included in the price. They have a one year warranty. I figure if they last that long then I'm good.
fe06fadf09bf9170c8e94a83e53f3ca3.jpg

---------- Post added at 12:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:07 PM ----------

This baffles me a little bit. Why would you buy a products that wouldn't last...

Buy with a solid price and solid warranty and your covered.

What makes you say they wouldn't last?

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Kaiser posted this on another forum. I'm re-posting it here because I think it speaks volumes about the issue (and it's why he posted a link to the Lighting Shootout):

"My solution was to test different lights at different distances using a lux meter. Lux (light per area) is by far the best unit to measure true light output. For example, at 50 yards, a Rigid 40" light bar put out 36 lux vs the 4 lux an M&R (a Chinese sourced brand popular in the Raptor community) 40" light bar put out."

36 Lux vs. 4 Lux!

It's NOT just about the money!

In my opinion:

* Most LED lightbars look similar.
* Most LED lightbars look like they perform similarly...from 20 feet away.
* Just going by a "CREE" label doesn't get you anything since companies (from a certain country especially) have been known to lie about LED engines, performance, specs, and anything else.
* LED lights are systems that involve engineering, design, optics, manufacturing know-how, quality and warranty (and a company's willingness and ability to stand behind their products).
* Not all LED lights are the same even though they look similar.
* Lumens don’t mean anything but people still compare lumens and dollars.
* Lux does matter, so a lux number should be present and considered on any light. Lux means distance and distance means superior optics.

If you like a light buy it. But because you (or I) bought it doesn't mean it's better. It just means we made a decision based on price and other factors like PERCEIVED value.

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
What's your budget? How much is lighting worth to you?
[snip]
It's typically all about the money and the perceived value you place on the product.
Dan makes some great points, here. You have to decide what you REALLY want the lights for.

You have to decide where you want to be on the price vs performance curve for yourself. A lot of folks focus on the price only, but they are giving up a lot of performance to get a low price point. True down-range performance will cost more than the value options.

If you want the lights for night time off-roading at speed, than the lights that are half of the price of one of the major brands that puts out less than half (or a LOT less, in some cases) of the light down range are probably not the best choice for you.

If it is for aesthetics / "cool factor" (let's face it, that is the reason a lot of us buy stuff for our trucks), than that half price light will work out just fine.