GEN 1 Behind the Grill lightbar with a Roush...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just had the Roush supercharger installed and had to forfeit my 40" behind the grill lightbar (kept my winch at least) in order for the heat exchanger to fit. I'm thinking of adding a 30" or similar actually INTO the grill (not back by the radiator like the 40"). I've seen a few options on here and have been reading them, but I wanted to see what the vast knowledge here recommended based on the various options. I'm hesitant to go high end - just because I know it's partially obstructed. I worry about the slamming of the hood messing with it and would like to avoid any issues there, but I do want a lightbar somewhere in there.

What do you recommend?

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks for the tag, @Mariner!
@Dane, unfortunately, you wont' be able to install a 30" light in between the grille supports and have it fit with your intercooler.

That said, we do have a couple other options for you. I'll shoot you a PM now to go over some options.

svt_reid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How about an after market bumper? I want to block as little air flow as possible through my heat exchangers. But It is also probably a little warmer down here

OP
OP
Dane

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How about an after market bumper? I want to block as little air flow as possible through my heat exchangers. But It is also probably a little warmer down here

I have an aftermarket LEX Baja Brute bumper with a winch and two 6" VisionX Xmitter prime bars. Maybe I will look at putting a light bar kinda on top of it? I'll have to see it it'll be in the way of my camera.

Attachments

• IMG_4997.jpg
    IMG_4997.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 128
Last edited:

HAP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just had the Roush supercharger installed and had to forfeit my 40" behind the grill lightbar (kept my winch at least) in order for the heat exchanger to fit. I'm thinking of adding a 30" or similar actually INTO the grill (not back by the radiator like the 40"). I've seen a few options on here and have been reading them, but I wanted to see what the vast knowledge here recommended based on the various options. I'm hesitant to go high end - just because I know it's partially obstructed. I worry about the slamming of the hood messing with it and would like to avoid any issues there, but I do want a lightbar somewhere in there.

What do you recommend?

Would you mind posting some pics of your winch set-up. I did not think the winch would fit with a SC.

Thanks,
HAP

raptor36

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Roush supercharger?! You didn't post photos or a VIDEOS?! Should be a crime.