Go Back   FORD RAPTOR FORUM - Ford SVT Raptor Forums - Ford Raptor > GEN 1 (2010-2014) Ford SVT Raptor Forums > Ford Raptor Lighting Modifications Forum [GEN 1]
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Supporting Vendor

Register to remove these ads.


Ford Raptor Lighting Modifications Forum [GEN 1]

Baja Designs: General Discussion Thread


This is a discussion on Baja Designs: General Discussion Thread within the Ford Raptor Lighting Modifications Forum [GEN 1] forums, part of the GEN 1 (2010-2014) Ford SVT Raptor Forums category!
FORUM SPECIAL - FREE SHIPPING UNTIL 7/14 We are offering FREE shipping to the Lower 48 if you call (800)422-5292x114 ...


User Tag List

Like Tree205Likes

Sponsored By: KC HiLiTES
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2017, 10:35 AM   #341 (permalink)
 
Baja Designs's Avatar
Supporting Vendor

 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,010
Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

(Thread Starter)
Default
FORUM SPECIAL - FREE SHIPPING UNTIL 7/14

We are offering FREE shipping to the Lower 48 if you call (800)422-5292x114 to order!
This will be combined with a 10% Forum Discount and is ONLY valid if you call the number above or email [email protected]

Please mention the "Forum Special" when ordering

Thank You for all of the continued support! We really appreciate it!

-Bailey, Baja Designs
www.bajadesigns.com






__________________

www.bajadesigns.com
-Bailey, Baja Designs
Baja Designs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 10:14 AM   #342 (permalink)
FRF Addict

 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 1,031
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Baja Designs: General Discussion Thread
Baja,

After installing the backup lights my truck is now throwing codes.

Below are the codes I am seeing, is this expected behavior? I'm thinking yes, but wanted to check.

Body Control Module B1115-15-0A
High mounted stop lamp control
Failure type: circuit short to power or open.

There are several others that started after installing the lights that may be related and having a cascade effect.

Power Steering Control Module lost communication with ECM/PCM

IP Cluster Control Module lost communication with Body Control Module

Thanks.
hkguns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 05:05 PM   #343 (permalink)
 
Baja Designs's Avatar
Supporting Vendor

 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,010
Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

(Thread Starter)
Default
Originally Posted by hkguns View Post
Baja,

After installing the backup lights my truck is now throwing codes.

Below are the codes I am seeing, is this expected behavior? I'm thinking yes, but wanted to check.

Body Control Module B1115-15-0A
High mounted stop lamp control
Failure type: circuit short to power or open.

There are several others that started after installing the lights that may be related and having a cascade effect.

Power Steering Control Module lost communication with ECM/PCM

IP Cluster Control Module lost communication with Body Control Module

Thanks.

Sorry about that. That is something new that we haven't seen before. If you can, please email me a photo of what wire you spliced into for the reverse kit. I would recommend clearing the codes to see if for some reason it appeared during the installation process.

-Bailey, Baja Designs


__________________

www.bajadesigns.com
-Bailey, Baja Designs
Baja Designs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 05:36 PM   #344 (permalink)
FRF Addict

 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 1,031
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Baja Designs: General Discussion Thread
Originally Posted by Baja Designs View Post
Sorry about that. That is something new that we haven't seen before. If you can, please email me a photo of what wire you spliced into for the reverse kit. I would recommend clearing the codes to see if for some reason it appeared during the installation process.



-Bailey, Baja Designs


Will do. Had it off last night to check and re-Tape to ensure I didn't have an inadvertent short.

I will edit this post with a picture once I pull the tail light off again later this evening. (They are working as advertised, which counts for something.)

Here is a pic of how I sealed it up. Electrical tape with an outer layer of self vulcanizing tape.



Here is a pic showing the tapped wire. It looks quite green with a brown stripe.


Last edited by hkguns; 06-26-2017 at 06:01 PM.
hkguns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 06:23 PM   #345 (permalink)
 
Baja Designs's Avatar
Supporting Vendor

 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,010
Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

(Thread Starter)
Default
Originally Posted by hkguns View Post
Will do. Had it off last night to check and re-Tape to ensure I didn't have an inadvertent short.

I will edit this post with a picture once I pull the tail light off again later this evening. (They are working as advertised, which counts for something.)

Here is a pic of how I sealed it up. Electrical tape with an outer layer of self vulcanizing tape.



Here is a pic showing the tapped wire. It looks quite green with a brown stripe.




That is 100% the correct wire (Green w/ Brown Stripe) for these 2017 Raptors. Since this isn't a common problem I would clear the codes and see if they come back. There shouldn't be a code unless maybe something was loose or shorted during the install. Please let me know if the code stays ON or stays cleared. Thank You for working with me on this.

-Bailey, Baja Designs


__________________

www.bajadesigns.com
-Bailey, Baja Designs
Baja Designs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 06:27 PM   #346 (permalink)
FRF Addict

 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 1,031
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Baja Designs: General Discussion Thread
Originally Posted by Baja Designs View Post
That is 100% the correct wire (Green w/ Brown Stripe) for these 2017 Raptors. Since this isn't a common problem I would clear the codes and see if they come back. There shouldn't be a code unless maybe something was loose or shorted during the install. Please let me know if the code stays ON or stays cleared. Thank You for working with me on this.



-Bailey, Baja Designs


Will do, thanks for the assistance Bailey. I will post an update after clearing the codes and letting things settle.

I'm sure you'd rather not have this hanging.......
Baja Designs likes this.

Last edited by hkguns; 06-26-2017 at 06:30 PM.
hkguns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 10:43 AM   #347 (permalink)
 
Baja Designs's Avatar
Supporting Vendor

 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,010
Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

(Thread Starter)
Default
Originally Posted by Baja Designs View Post
FORUM SPECIAL - FREE SHIPPING UNTIL 7/14

We are offering FREE shipping to the Lower 48 if you call (800)422-5292x114 to order!
This will be combined with a 10% Forum Discount and is ONLY valid if you call the number above or email [email protected]

Please mention the "Forum Special" when ordering

Thank You for all of the continued support! We really appreciate it!

-Bailey, Baja Designs
www.bajadesigns.com
Quick Reminder!

Free shipping and 10% OFF MSRP! Call (800)422-5292x114 today.

-Bailey, Baja Designs
[email protected]


__________________

www.bajadesigns.com
-Bailey, Baja Designs
Baja Designs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 07:59 AM   #348 (permalink)
FRF Addict

 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 1,031
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Baja Designs: General Discussion Thread
I cleared the codes on my truck and they have not returned, all appears well. It must have been something I did during installation.
hkguns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 12:48 PM   #349 (permalink)
 
Baja Designs's Avatar
Supporting Vendor

 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,010
Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

(Thread Starter)
Default
Originally Posted by hkguns View Post
I cleared the codes on my truck and they have not returned, all appears well. It must have been something I did during installation.
Thank You for the follow up!

-Bailey, Baja Designs
hkguns likes this.


__________________

www.bajadesigns.com
-Bailey, Baja Designs
Baja Designs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 10:03 AM   #350 (permalink)
 
Baja Designs's Avatar
Supporting Vendor

 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,010
Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

(Thread Starter)
Default


WWW.BAJADESIGNS.COM


__________________

www.bajadesigns.com
-Bailey, Baja Designs
Baja Designs is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Tags
baja designs, led lights, light bar, lighting, lights

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Has anyone run the Baja Designs Arc Bar? SilentShooter Ford Raptor Lighting Modifications Forum [GEN 1] 4 07-10-2014 12:46 PM
New from baja designs!!! Baja Designs Ford Raptor Lighting Modifications Forum [GEN 1] 18 05-13-2014 04:56 PM
Fox vs Icon random discussion thread Westside Offroad Group Ford Raptor Suspension Discussion and Modifications Forum [GEN 1] 131 03-27-2014 09:10 PM
Ecoboost Baja Truck on General Tires... frogslinger Ford Raptor Wheels & Tires Forum [GEN 1] 16 03-21-2013 09:07 PM
FRF Referral Bonus Contest Discussion Thread BIRDMAN Site News 171 04-21-2011 08:58 PM



GM Truck Forum
Chevy Tahoe Forum
Dodge Ram Forum
Chevy Cobalt Forum
Chevy Tahoe Forum
FJ Cruiser Forum
Ford Truck Forum
88-98 GM Truck Forum
73-87 Gm Truck Forum
Ford Expedition Forum
Chevy Equinox Forum
Chevy Cruze Forum
Jeep Liberty Forum
Jeep Forum
Dodge Ram SRT10 Forum
Chrysler 200 Forum
Scion xD Forum
Scion xB Forum
Dodge Challenger Forum
SRT Forum
Nissan Titan Forum
Buick Enclave Forum
Land Rover Forum
Scion FR-S Forum
TRD Forum
Central US Mopars
Southeast Mopars
Cadillac CTS Forum
Oklahoma Dodge Ram Club
Softball Forum