Baja Designs: General Discussion Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scrap man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can't beat the service of BD they are the best. I have sent a few things there over the years and it's always top notch service. BD is the only light I have on any of my toys.

hagak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am looking at getting 2 pairs of squadron pros for the pockets in the bumper. I plan to get one pair of corner lights but was not sure if the inner pair should be spot or driving. What do people recommend? Also besides the raptor mount anything else I should get for this setup? Thanks

OP
OP
Baja Designs

Baja Designs

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I already PM'd with Bailey. I agree customer service is excellent. I'll let you all know how I do.

I had a Squadron Pro die on me a few months ago. I had it installed at OK4WD, I took the truck back and they swapped out a new one immediately and then sent it back to BD. Kudo's to OK4WD and BD.

You can't beat the service of BD they are the best. I have sent a few things there over the years and it's always top notch service. BD is the only light I have on any of my toys.

Thanks for the support everyone! :favorites13:
It is greatly appreciated here at Baja Designs (BD)

Thank You,
Bailey, Baja Designs

RangerRob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Baja D

Got my new and improved light mounts from
@morganclarkdesign1. If you buy a 60" OnX6 from BD and need mounts these are the ones you'll be getting. I also picked up another momentary switch from BD so I could add the strobe feature to my 44" OnX. I'm thinking I may add the feature to my XL Pros as well.

9832A0EB-DF8D-4B43-BFFD-501F06148F36_zpshubbuhaz.jpg

90DB9B2D-4D06-4EB6-AA16-FD7971DF48A6_zpsvtj5ul3w.jpg

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Got my new and improved light mounts from

@morganclarkdesign1. If you buy a 60" OnX6 from BD and need mounts these are the ones you'll be getting. I also picked up another momentary switch from BD so I could add the strobe feature to my 44" OnX. I'm thinking I may add the feature to my XL Pros as well.

9832A0EB-DF8D-4B43-BFFD-501F06148F36_zpshubbuhaz.jpg

90DB9B2D-4D06-4EB6-AA16-FD7971DF48A6_zpsvtj5ul3w.jpg

Awesome, I'm still waiting for mine so I can get started, they shipped last Wednesday, I assume ground/snailmail.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

FastEddie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am looking at getting 2 pairs of squadron pros for the pockets in the bumper. I plan to get one pair of corner lights but was not sure if the inner pair should be spot or driving. What do people recommend? Also besides the raptor mount anything else I should get for this setup? Thanks

Kinda depends on what other lights you have or might get and how you plan to use the truck. I went w/ cornering lights on the outside, fogs on this inside and the OnX6 in the bumper slot. Info on my setup in my build thread here:

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f65/fasteddies-build-thread-2014-screw-39877/index2.html#post805476

OP
OP
Baja Designs

Baja Designs

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

Thank You for posting up!
For these kits, Both the Driving/Combo OR Spot will be a great addition to the Wide Cornering. The Spot pattern will give you more distance than the Driving/Combo.
Paired with the wide cornering you will have the most in nearfield, midfield, and distance lighting in!

We are now coming out with splitters designed to reach the fog pockets and connect directly into your upfitter harnesses. From there you plug into your upfitter connectors near the firewall.

Parts needed to wire 4 Squadron Pro's. 2 on each switch:
QTY: 2 Squadron/S2 55" Splitter $44.95 ea
QTY: 2 Ford Upfitter Harness Squadron/S2 $13.95 ea

Don't forget the Raptor Forum discount for your order!
Will happily give you a package deal on the lights, mounts, and wiring

Thank You,
Bailey, Baja Designs

Reaction score
Im thinking about buying a pair of your Squadron Sports, but noticed when looking at the replacement lenses, I don't see a replacement lense for driving/combo and a separate one for spot. There seems to be 1 lens that does both (Clear Lens Kit 66-0102). Is there any difference between the Squadron Sports spot vs driving/combo? If so, whats the replacement lens for both?

Thanks!

Hotsauce2719

Full Access Member
Reaction score
40 inch BD light bar

Hello! Finally lost my "mod virginity" a few weeks ago and got a 40 inch BD light bar behind my grille. I got a few compliments at the Raptor Rendezvous in CT back in June because of how bright it is. In the photo I am the 6th truck from the right. You can really see how bright this light is. Highly recommend.

Attachments

• 20150613_091518.jpg
    20150613_091518.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 122
  • 20150627_202119.jpg
    20150627_202119.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 118
OP
OP
Baja Designs

Baja Designs

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Im thinking about buying a pair of your Squadron Sports, but noticed when looking at the replacement lenses, I don't see a replacement lense for driving/combo and a separate one for spot. There seems to be 1 lens that does both (Clear Lens Kit 66-0102). Is there any difference between the Squadron Sports spot vs driving/combo? If so, whats the replacement lens for both?

Thanks!

Thank You for posting up!
For our Squadron Series LED lights the difference between Spot and Driving/Combo is In the reflectors.
The spot uses 4- 9 degree reflectors while the Driving/Combo uses 2- 9 degree and 2- 10 degree.
It may not seem like much, but the Driving/Combo will provide more spill for near field lighting ! Same goes for the Spot and distance. We are open M-F 8:30-5:30 PST and will be happy to get you pricing on a reflector kit!

1-800-422-5292

Thank You,
Bailey, Baja Designs