Aux switch ???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chriskent85

Reaction score
is there any way to turn one of the aux switches from a power switch to a ground switch, the situation is i just got a 40" bajadesigns led light bar with my new wicked performance bumper. The light bar has 3 wires, power-ground-and another ground that u put on a switch that alows you to flip it on and off to go into dim mode and if you flip the witch longer than 5 sec. it goes into flash mode, really dont want to have to put another switch in anywhere so if anyone can help me i would greatly appreciate it

RaptorScrew

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Don't know the answer to your question but PLEASE post pics of bumper from Wicked!

I'm impatiently waiting for my bumper to show...Can't wait much longer. My 40" Rigid LED is on backorder though...

SOOOOOON!!!!

3xBlackBetty

Reaction score
I am a new owner, and my truck is a 2010 6.2 cab 1/2 and it came from original owner in Fort worth tx, my dang KC's worked for all of about 20 min. and now they are out, its wired all like the owners mannual said, and the fuse is good as is the relay, I am thinking they need better ground, like to the battery? anyone else have issues with um?

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
is there any way to turn one of the aux switches from a power switch to a ground switch, the situation is i just got a 40" bajadesigns led light bar with my new wicked performance bumper. The light bar has 3 wires, power-ground-and another ground that u put on a switch that alows you to flip it on and off to go into dim mode and if you flip the witch longer than 5 sec. it goes into flash mode, really dont want to have to put another switch in anywhere so if anyone can help me i would greatly appreciate it

It can be done, just need to add a ice cube relay. Aux switch power lead to relay coil. And light bar to normally open contact with other side of the normally open contact to ground. With this set up as soon as you turned on aux switch, the relay wll change states closing normally open contacts to ground. :)

Or you could hook the light up to the normally closed relay. This way the light is dimmed until you turn on aux switch which would change the state of the relay opening the contact.

aefef39f-4f5c-9ad5.jpg

something like this..
85 and 30 to ground
86 to aux switch
87 to lights

Or if you wanted dim until switch is turned on.
85 and 30 to ground
86 to aux switch
87a to lights

Or if you wanted to save a aux switch you could tap the high beam power to trigger the relay.