aux 3 lighting question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Darthyota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
can you run a 30" bar off of the aux 3 switch without any issues? i know it pulls a little more then the 10 amps that that circuit is rated for

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Can you? Maybe. Should you? Probably not. It's more than likely going to blow the fuse if it's over the amperage.

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Darthyota, what is the total wattage of your 30" bar?

That's not true for all 30" light bars.

What's the total wattage of your light?

Divided by 12v its 16a+, divided by 14v its just under 15a. It has stayed lit for 30 minutes before but most teh time it pops the 15a fuse in 10 minutss.

The new style baja OnX6, 30" Driving/Combo LED Light Bar lists the Wattage/Amps: 189W / 15.75A
Mine is the older version light

Last edited:

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Divided by 12v its 16a+, divided by 14v its just under 15a. It has stayed lit for 30 minutes before but most teh time it pops the 15a fuse in 10 minutss.

The new style baja OnX6, 30" Driving/Combo LED Light Bar lists the Wattage/Amps: 189W / 15.75A
Mine is the older version light

I'm really surprised that you're blowing the fuse running only 189 watts. This is the first I've heard of it happening. I'm even more surprised that it's happening while your truck is running. Considering that your system is running at 14.4v while the truck is running, it definitely shouldn't be blowing the fuse.

The quick solution would be to use a wiring harness and relay and draw power from the battery and just connect with switch wire from the relay to the Aux 3 wire. However, I'm really surprised that you need to do that. I'd check that the Aux 3 relay is functioning properly, as well.