Aurora 2" flush mounts in rear bumper

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
TheDude

TheDude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update while out of town but based on experience. I have had to put our boat away solo about five times and while the lights do indeed overpower/gain the rear camera the output aids in backing because it turns the immediate area from night into day. I would recommend a diffused pattern over a flood still because the back-up camera is still usable but I'm not sure it would be if the beam was more focused.

Bulletnjm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Update while out of town but based on experience. I have had to put our boat away solo about five times and while the lights do indeed overpower/gain the rear camera the output aids in backing because it turns the immediate area from night into day. I would recommend a diffused pattern over a flood still because the back-up camera is still usable but I'm not sure it would be if the beam was more focused.

could you put a piece of tint film over them to dim them a little? would that help?

OP
OP
TheDude

TheDude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
could you put a piece of tint film over them to dim them a little? would that help?

I think it would help to keep the light balance on the camera more in-check but I prefer the huge amount of light I get when looking backwards or in the mirrors. It is a lot better for backing up the trailer at night this way. When I get back I will try to source some film and at least give it a shot...can't cost more than a few bucks to cover such little area.

Wrecker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just found this torture test on the Aurora lights, frozen in an ice block, dropped from 6 stories, acid test, set on fire, DAMN!:

Although I run all Rigid lights on my Raptor (50", 30", 20", and 6 dually's), I will say that Aurora lights are the only Chinese light out there that I feel are dang near as good as my Rigids. I run a bunch or Aurora lights on my rock crawlers and RZR's and on a few of my other trucks and they are awesome lights. The light output is amazing in brightness and light pattern and I've never had any problems with them even in -30 deg weather in the Rockies. Yes my Rigid lights are a little brighter and have a better warranty and great customer service here in the USA, but for someone who can't afford Rigid's the Aurora lights are a small fraction of the cost and 1000x better than all the other Chinese crap LED lights out there.

BeansGT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice write up , I did the same thing but used KC all around on my truck . I too use it for hooking up and backing up my boat in the dark/early morning hours.