Attn: LED Lighting Companies - I have a request

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
RaptorScrew

RaptorScrew

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I can't really help but I'm more curious as to the amber application. Is it just so followers to be able to see you low light situations? If so I'm wanting something similar, I come from driving mainly European cars that all have a rear fog option that when activated turn on a constant bright red light in the rear of the car (usually in the tail lights) so that people see you and you don't get rear ended. Works great on very foggy mornings when visibility is low.

Yes. Amber for off-road use and white for backup and auxiliary lighting. Have both options in one housing on a miniature scale like my 40" bar.

5e5uhete.jpg

8y3y5uda.jpg

Last edited:

SuperRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not to be THAT guy but it would probably be easier to just have 2 set of flush mounted lights in the bumper. :dogpile: The 4" aren't that big anyways.

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The 4" e series are bigger than you think. I wouldn't want four in the rear like that. 4 flush mount duallies wouldn't be bad but I think it'd look silly.

OilPatch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes. Amber for off-road use and white for backup and auxiliary lighting. Have both options in one housing on a miniature scale like my 40" bar.

I hope somebody comes up with something for you, because depending on design I'd want it too. I'm curious why amber and not red?

BAJASVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Are you sure there's enough room behind the bumper skin steel to flush mount a 4" E-Series without cutting out any more structure?

I'm sure it can be done, but I'm assuming that Rigid Industries won't do it because their lights 10" and under are supplied with all the LEDs already soldered to the board. When you go to an E-Series larger than 10", it probably has multiple boards, so each individual board would have all the same color LEDs. This is just a guess...

---------- Post added at 11:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:32 AM ----------

Looking at your 40" light again, I think I may be right. Your're 40" is probably made up of four 10" boards; the outer two have all amber LEDs and the inner two have all white LEDs.

Last edited:
OP
OP
RaptorScrew

RaptorScrew

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Are you sure there's enough room behind the bumper skin steel to flush mount a 4" E-Series without cutting out any more structure?

I'm sure it can be done, but I'm assuming that Rigid Industries won't do it because their lights 10" and under are supplied with all the LEDs already soldered to the board. When you go to an E-Series larger than 10", it probably has multiple boards, so each individual board would have all the same color LEDs. This is just a guess...

That's what is being said which makes sense now. I'm not sure I would have gotten a 4" in there. I was hopping to get the light portion figured out first.

I hope somebody comes up with something for you, because depending on design I'd want it too. I'm curious why amber and not red?

Tail lights are the LED tails and you cannot see them well in he snow dust. That was the reason for the ambers.

Last edited:
OP
OP
RaptorScrew

RaptorScrew

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well I haven't come up with any solutions for this issue so I've settled on getting just the amber installed in the rear bumper.

I ordered the Rigid Amber Duallys and will be installing them (Like Reptar's Build) prior to my 3rd trip to the UP for Snoball 2015. =)

That will provide me with rear facing light for now. I've just got to get with Jimmy and pull the trigger on the bar with slimlines, Vertex and other components along with the actuator.

Will keep posted.

Last edited:

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hey guys, just saw this thread. But I wanted to let y'all know that our Elite series bars are available with white and amber in the same housing. The top row is white, the bottom row is amber and you can run white only, amber only, or both at the same time. Just throwing this out there in case anyone is interested. If you'd like more information, just let me know!