Attn: LED Lighting Companies - I have a request

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
RaptorScrew

RaptorScrew

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My concern with that is would just the two ambers be enough. I know with the SnoBall you could see a lot of the ambers but would just two LEDs per side be sufficient during the snow dust?

I don't know if the Ambers are able to compete with the Whelen Vertex as far as light output. And only having two would make me wonder.

I do, however, like your idea based on them appearing more symmetrical. Now if someone could do this with a flush mounted light that had 8 LED (W-A-A-W) on both rows or (A-W-W-A) on both rows, I'd be good with that. Symetrica yet double the light output. It still would't be to big to mount in the rear bumper.

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I would probably rig up power via an up fitter to the rear facing ones and then a second switch, maybe hidden but reachable, to switch the power between amber or white. I understand having the amber and white both on in the front but for the rear there's no sense in using up two up fitter switches.

BAJASVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I assumed the third would be ground. correct?

Yeah, that's right... I didn't read carefully and misunderstood. I thought you meant that your 40" was A-W-A and you had a switch to control each amber side individually and a third switch to control the center white section.

I like the symmetry of the W-A-W D2 on both rows too. I think a total of four amber LEDs between the two lights would be good enough. Because the white and amber would be on separate circuits, you could wire a Rigid Industries LED police flasher to the amber circuit only.

duallys rigid industries con flasher y micas azul - rojo - YouTube
40312_3a_led_flasher-1_med.jpg

Rigid Industries LED Lighting | Leader in Off road LED light bars, truck LED lights, Marine LEDs, and Industrial LEDs

The flasher is really made by Sho-Me police lights (m/n: 11.1005SF) and you can find it for about $20 if you shop around onine.

BAJASVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you only have two amber LEDs per light, four total, they're not going to be as bright. The flasher would definitely make them more noticeable to vehicles behind you through dust, fog, etc. MobileBeats, don't you have the strobes above your back window?

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I have the whelen vertex set to strobe but for the runs I keep them constant on as the strobe is very distracting for that situation.

OP
OP
RaptorScrew

RaptorScrew

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've been speaking with Steve at Rigid. I thought we had a solution figured out but it turns out that we don't.

We where going to take a 4" (or 6") e-series and split it like my 40" the first 4 leds would be white and the second 4 would be amber. I would then install them into a flush mount bucket into the rear bumper. This would then allow me to adjust the lights up or down a bit as needed.

What I cannot figure out is why this cannot be done the someway as my 40". Still three wires (That's it)

But it was stated that it has to be at least a 10" bar in order to do this.

Why? Are the circuit boards that big due to needing one for amber and one for white?

OilPatch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't really help but I'm more curious as to the amber application. Is it just so followers to be able to see you low light situations? If so I'm wanting something similar, I come from driving mainly European cars that all have a rear fog option that when activated turn on a constant bright red light in the rear of the car (usually in the tail lights) so that people see you and you don't get rear ended. Works great on very foggy mornings when visibility is low.