attaching led bars to my brights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nignipz

Reaction score
anyone know of a thread where you can attach led bars so they turn on when you flip your up fitter switch and when you turn on your brights?

TiFJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got a 40" behind my grille wired to come on with my high beams with a relay (I didn't use the upfitter switch), I really like the way it works. I spliced a trigger from the high beam wire off the passenger side headlight.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The best way is to use a relay. You've got two options.

Option 1: Wire the power wire from relay to the battery and connect the switched wire from the relay to your high beam wire. That way, when you flick on your high beams, your light bar turns on with your high beams.

Option 2: Wire the power wire from the relay to one of your Auxiliary switches (for example, let's say Aux 1) and wire the switched wire from the relay to your high beam wire. With this method, if your Aux 1 switch is on, when you flick on your high beams, your high beams and light bar will turn on. However, if Aux 1 is off and you flick on your headlights, only your high beam headlights will turn on. You can think of the Aux 1 wire as "arming" your light bar.