Anyone switch from Vision X Light Cannons to Baja Designs?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Floyd91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Right now I've got the 25w 4.5" hood mounted Vision X light cannons and a 40" Baja Designs ONX6 ARC drive/spot combo light bar bumper mounted. The cannons don't do much at all with the light bar on so I was thinking of ditching them in favor of the Squadron-R Pro wide corning.

Am I going to see a noticeable difference in output? How much light am I actually going to get to the side?

Hopscotch

Reaction score
I don't know much about the bar or the squadrons but I know my XL80s put out a ton of light from the hood, even to the sides. I have the driving lense on them.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

cpetes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I switched from the same canons to Squadron racer edition hood mounts. Honestly these little suckers are very bright! I could only imagine a XL80.

CHanged my whole configuration to BD, light output is blinding!

SZDZMTR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have Baja XL80s on the hood too. Let me tell you something they put out so much light its ridiculous. Also their light pattern is very peripheral, great area of coverage.
I have heard about vision X light pattern as more like needle point. Rick at Freedom Motorsports is changing all his Vision X lighting to Baja.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I did the same with Rigid (I know old post but I'm new lol). I had AuxBeam originally then went Rigid and then when I heard about Baja (they reached out to me a while back) I tried them out, was amazed and slowly but surely began replacing all the Rigid with Baja. The final swap-out happens next week. I'll only have a few Rigid left in my bumper because they are more for ambient lighting and are orange (Baja doesn't have an orange light)

D

Deleted member 12951

I have Baja XL80s on the hood too. Let me tell you something they put out so much light its ridiculous. Also their light pattern is very peripheral, great area of coverage.
I have heard about vision X light pattern as more like needle point. Rick at Freedom Motorsports is changing all his Vision X lighting to Baja.

Not sure how I missed this post. Vision-X are gone. Rigid is gone (except the cut-outs in the rear bumper), Blackhawks are gone. I had Vision-X cannons on the hood too and now XL80's with Combo/Driving and wide Amber lenses, haven't used them because I also got amber rock guards and they work great over the driving/combo. Difference from Vision-X is beyond noticeable. I have a BD 40" Arc Racer driving/combo in the bumper and a BD 40" driving/combo behind the grill. Been debating about a 60" Arc above the windshield but the XL80's are so amazing that I probably do not need it. Squadron pros also for side lighting.

Noticed this post is a few months old, so @Floyd91 what did you end up doing?

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Ya kow all this talk about the XL80's is making me want to swap out my Squadrons on my Hood/A-Pillar over to the XL80s.

I'm excited to get my 40" Arc from Baja. I've been talking to my rep over there for... I dunno 8 months or so about it. Finally pulled the trigger on it.

Thing was when I built my truck out with the ADD HoneyBadger bumper they only showed the Rigid RDS fitting, so I was really disapointed. Now they state you can fit the Arc so HELLZ YEAH.

You don't have the dual color Arc do you? Yellow/White? I'm really curious to see how that performs. I lost my fog lights when I put the HoneyBadger bumper on so I miss them. The ARC will be my "foggy condition" bar with the yellow lights.

Raven13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I missed this post too. I have to say that I was disappointed with 4.5 VisionX light cannons, when my 30" and two 4" light bars are on you can hardly tell when you turn the 4.5's on or off. They just give off two narrow beams, I'd like something more for peripheral vision. BD is the way to go!

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I think VisionX was a real popular brand about 1-2 years ago but then lately BD really stepped up the marketing with regards to the 4x4 community, brought on a lot of new dealers (like us last year) and really got people to look at their gear. Now they are turning heads left/right with just the quality of their equipment.

It's funny, as a dealer it's a tough sell for people who have NEVER seen the lights in person. They receive these really tiny Squadrons (as an example) and want to return them. I've had many Return requests and I tell them "look, just go turn it on before you pass judgement" the next thing I know they are ordering more.

It took me a while to "drink the Koolaid" so to speak, until I installed a set on my truck.

I have a set of Rigid Duallys as an example for reverse lights... pretty much USELESS. Granted I have my own line (ClaraLux) of reverse LED's in my taillights but still... you'd think the Rigids would out perform those... nope... nothing that great at all about 'em so they are being swapped soon for the Squadron Pros.

I guess Baja is to Fords what JW Speaker is to the Jeep guys. And VisionX as it seems to be the case is slowly disapearing. I never did pickup the Vision brand, it seemed like a GO TO brand but I saw nothing DIFFERENT about the line.

Hopscotch

Reaction score
It's my opinion but I'd say Baja Designs is the best bet for any application on the truck. XL80s on the hood are perfect and S2s make great chase lights. Squadrons would be perfect in the bumpers. And I'm sure their bars are great for full coverage.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk