Ambient Lighting kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stevelp99

Reaction score
I liked having ambient lighting like in my 2015 mustang I decided to recreate it in the raptor. Didn't see much on the forums so I'm sharing my install. The kit comes with everything needed, though I wired mine a little different.

OPT7 Aura Smart-Color LED Strip Interior Lighting Kit off of amazon.

Wired it to the parking lights so they come on with them. They have a remote with all the color/brightness, on off functions. Though I leave them on mid brightness as they can get bright. Install was very easy as routing wires around the vehicle center console is easy. There are 4 led strips which I zip tired under the seats and console. they did come with Velcro adhesive tabs but it was easier to zip tie. The control module is just mounted under the dash along with any excess wires.
The pictures make them look brighter than they really are but this is about mid brightness.
MW72ooc.jpgpua9kFN.jpg

Hopscotch

Reaction score
That's a cool setup. I'd like to do this but wire into the daylight sensor thing so they're totally auto

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
S

stevelp99

Reaction score
That's a cool setup. I'd like to do this but wire into the daylight sensor thing so they're totally auto

These are wired to the parking lights so when the headlights are set to "auto" they turn on automatically. I also wired my fog lights to a relay that is triggered to the parking lights so they also come on with the headlights when the light sensor triggers it.

Hopscotch

Reaction score
I always have my parking lights on. And I put in a new headlight switch with the fog pullout for the fogs, that was a fun project

OP
OP
S

stevelp99

Reaction score
I always have my parking lights on. And I put in a new headlight switch with the fog pullout for the fogs, that was a fun project

I also did the oem fog light switch, and I also run with my parking lights on during the day. I don't notice my ambient lights unless you turn up the brightness all the way, otherwise I would have wired to the light sensor.

Hopscotch

Reaction score
Interesting. Think I'd still want the full auto from the sensor. It would bug me to have them on during the day.

Raptized

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What year truck do you have? What kind of interior lights are you using those things are bright!!

OP
OP
S

stevelp99

Reaction score
What year truck do you have? What kind of interior lights are you using those things are bright!!

2014, interior lights were replaced with diode dynamic leds, the ambient lights are OPT7 Aura Smart-Color LED Strip Interior Lighting Kit from amazon. The camera did make them all look a little brighter than they really are, but the DD leds are quite bright.

Raptized

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2014, interior lights were replaced with diode dynamic leds, the ambient lights are OPT7 Aura Smart-Color LED Strip Interior Lighting Kit from amazon. The camera did make them all look a little brighter than they really are, but the DD leds are quite bright.

Where did you get the dome leds? I'm tired of being in the dark lol

OP
OP
S

stevelp99

Reaction score
Where did you get the dome leds? I'm tired of being in the dark lol

https://www.diodedynamics.com/store...ford-svt-raptor-dome-light-led/category/1453/

https://www.diodedynamics.com/store...svt-raptor-map-light-leds-pair/category/1453/

https://www.diodedynamics.com/store...2010-2014-ford-svt-raptor-pair/category/1453/

SMD1 for vanity light
SMF4 bulb for the rear dome
HP5 for map lights
They have a really bright option, but I choose the middle brightness bulb.

I've also had good results with this led replacement bulb from walmart for the rear dome.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Pilot-Automotive-IL-578W-LED-Dome-Bulb-1-Piece-Kit/53965454

Last edited: