Alternative Offroad No-Cut Hood Mount Light Brackets!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jcl48

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have already installed my Mounts, what's the best and easieast way to attach the lights? I have rigid duallies

OP
OP
AlternativeOffroad

AlternativeOffroad

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I have already installed my Mounts, what's the best and easieast way to attach the lights? I have rigid duallies

Its honestly easier to mount the lights before mounting brackets, but you can do it with a set of hands and a small open end wrench!

Jay9722

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really messed up today. Did everything by the book and I still had to cut the black plastic trim to access the rear bolts. I stripped out one of the front bolt holes and chipped the hood when trying to mount the bracket and tighten everything. I couldn't get the rear bolt to tighten on the passenger side so I abandoned the entire project. I'm off to Auto zone to pick up touch up paint and will have to order new windshield trim since I destroyed it when trimming. I swear I'm a pretty good do it yourself guy and was able to do the complete install of my Rigid dually's in the front bumper but this project really frustrated me. I'm so pissed that I damaged the truck and still didn't get the job done. Advice or tips? How did you tighten the rear bolt with thenbracketin place? There is no room for a wrench and no socket wrench is small enough to fit! What am I doing wrong?

OP
OP
AlternativeOffroad

AlternativeOffroad

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I really messed up today. Did everything by the book and I still had to cut the black plastic trim to access the rear bolts. I stripped out one of the front bolt holes and chipped the hood when trying to mount the bracket and tighten everything. I couldn't get the rear bolt to tighten on the passenger side so I abandoned the entire project. I'm off to Auto zone to pick up touch up paint and will have to order new windshield trim since I destroyed it when trimming. I swear I'm a pretty good do it yourself guy and was able to do the complete install of my Rigid dually's in the front bumper but this project really frustrated me. I'm so pissed that I damaged the truck and still didn't get the job done. Advice or tips? How did you tighten the rear bolt with thenbracketin place? There is no room for a wrench and no socket wrench is small enough to fit! What am I doing wrong?

Sorry to hear about your install issues! Here's what we recommend if that back bolt is giving you problems.

Have a friend hold the hood up from the front, lifting the base of the hood bracket off the truck. Slide the bracket in place, then carefully tell your friend to lower the hood down so you can get both bolts threaded on. You'll have to make sure your friend is paying attention or else if he/she lets it down to low, it will scratch the hood. Carefully thread both bolts in equally, then using a ratcheting wrench or a small 1/4" ratchet, tighten both bolts down.. The reason it helps to lift the hood, is if there is too much pressure from the hood pushing down on our brackets (or the hood brackets even) the back bolt won't thread on or will start to strip or crossthread. Easing the load on the bolt helps 100000x and I can pretty much guarantee your bolt will go in no problem if you try this :)