Alternative Offroad No-Cut Hood Mount Light Brackets!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Drunktank

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First... Ford needs to be punched in the **** for not having those wires connected under the dash! Left hand looks like a just fought a bale of razor wire! LOL!

Since Aux 4 is a 10amp circuit... is that enough to run the cannons on? Would like to run them on the smallest circuit if possible and save the 30amp and 15amp circuits for bigger things in the future.

TKF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First... Ford needs to be punched in the **** for not having those wires connected under the dash! Left hand looks like a just fought a bale of razor wire! LOL!

Since Aux 4 is a 10amp circuit... is that enough to run the cannons on? Would like to run them on the smallest circuit if possible and save the 30amp and 15amp circuits for bigger things in the future.

Haha I second the Ford **** punch! Yes aux 4 is more than enough to run them. That's what I have mine on.

Drunktank

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well... after installing them... I can say one thing.... a buddy would have made life ALOT easier!!! Maybe it was cause my truck was slightly off camber where I parked though. For any other guys installing by yourself... put a bunch of electrical tape or masking tape along the back edge of the hood/edge of the fender. When doing the first one, I ended up grinding the back of the hood against the mount a bit and getting into the paint and taking some powder coat off the mount. Once I learned the error of my ways though... the passengers side went much easier.

Oh... and disconnect the hydraulic strut that holds the hood open on which ever side your working on! That's what really caused me to nick my paint a bit. Once disconnected, the hood moved around MUCH easier... though still a pain to line up and tighten bolts by yourself. Shoulda waited for my woman to come over and help.... but I was too excited. Doh! :D

Bright little fawkin lights though! Now I just need a good abandoned straight road to align them on a bit better! Ill wait till me light bar gets mounted though... then Ill align to complement eachother.

Cleave

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I didn't need any extra wire for my hood mounts, the wire that came in the kit was more than enough, I actually had enough left over to wire up stuff in my friend's car

DezertRacer

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Finally got my mounts on and the lights attached. One thing ill say is that damn bolt in the back is a pain in the Butt when trying to do this by your self! But the quality of these mounts are amazing !!

Attachments

• 20140922_211745-1.jpg
    20140922_211745-1.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 135
  • 20140922_211724.jpg
    20140922_211724.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 178
  • 20140922_211758.jpg
    20140922_211758.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 147
OP
OP
AlternativeOffroad

AlternativeOffroad

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Finally got my mounts on and the lights attached. One thing ill say is that damn bolt in the back is a pain in the Butt when trying to do this by your self! But the quality of these mounts are amazing !!

Yeah the back bolt is in an awkward spot. Thanks for the compliment!!! Enjoy!

Gsteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I bolted mine to the vertical struts on the grill , turned out great but i do have the hood mounts incase i feel I'm losing too much light being behind the grill